+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal online application 5.5 Time spent outside of Canada invalid date

Canamronlee

Nov 24, 2023
Greetings.
l wonder if this happened to anybody else. I filled out my application and it was ready to submit but I had
to add another document to it. The next day I completed it but then it said the application was in error.
I corrected the errors and it wouldn’t allow me to save anything. Does this always happen the following
day? It’s like my dates are now not correct so it destroys the entire application and I can’t start over because
it says an application is already in progress but it won’t let me correct it. Everything was fine on the day I did the application, but the following day, it’s all a disaster. Really? Is the system messed up so bad that it has to all be submitted on that day or you have to start all over from the beginning with a new email? How sad.
If anyone knows how to correct the errors let me know. I did everything and changed dates but it doesn’t work. It keeps saying error and that I can’t save the changes. If the application must all be started and completed on the same day, then please add a disclaimer so we know. Thank you.

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Greetings.
l wonder if this happened to anybody else. I filled out my application and it was ready to submit but I had
to add another document to it. The next day I completed it but then it said the application was in error.
I corrected the errors and it wouldn’t allow me to save anything. Does this always happen the following
day? It’s like my dates are now not correct so it destroys the entire application and I can’t start over because
it says an application is already in progress but it won’t let me correct it. Everything was fine on the day I did the application, but the following day, it’s all a disaster. Really? Is the system messed up so bad that it has to all be submitted on that day or you have to start all over from the beginning with a new email? How sad.
If anyone knows how to correct the errors let me know. I did everything and changed dates but it doesn’t work. It keeps saying error and that I can’t save the changes. If the application must all be started and completed on the same day, then please add a disclaimer so we know. Thank you.
it's good to get an error prior to submission instead of application being returned because of some information is not correct

Canamronlee

Nov 24, 2023
I just redid the entire application process with a different email and everything was fine. It worked perfectly. BUT it wouldn’t let me submit it. I clicked every box and was ready to submit but it wouldn’t submit. I checked my application and it went back to the same old garbage. It now says dates are invalid, when before everything was fine. Now it won’t let me fix anything. This has got to be the worst system ever.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just redid the entire application process with a different email and everything was fine. It worked perfectly. BUT it wouldn’t let me submit it. I clicked every box and was ready to submit but it wouldn’t submit. I checked my application and it went back to the same old garbage. It now says dates are invalid, when before everything was fine. Now it won’t let me fix anything. This has got to be the worst system ever.
Send a paper application.

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
may be try with a different browser or another computer with different browser

Canamronlee

Nov 24, 2023
I am using an iMac computer and Macs. Does this frequently happen to folks who use a Mac? Does Windows work better for this online system? I’ll try Windows and see if I have any success. I’d like to do this online however if all else fails I’ll use the good old fashioned way like my grandpappy did and send a paper application by way of sled dog team courier, steam locomotive, or dirigible airship.

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
I am using an iMac computer and Macs. Does this frequently happen to folks who use a Mac? Does Windows work better for this online system? I’ll try Windows and see if I have any success. I’d like to do this online however if all else fails I’ll use the good old fashioned way like my grandpappy did and send a paper application by way of sled dog team courier, steam locomotive, or dirigible airship.
Give Windows a try!

Shannyra

Nov 25, 2023
Pr.Card Renewal
My Renewal Application was accepted by the 20.07.2023
I just have a UCI Number
I didn't receive a Application number per Email.
My Application was filled without failures by an Settlement Agent.
I tried to call IRCC but I can't reach anyone since weeks now.
Our Problem is,that my Daughter 15y needs a SIN number and her Passport is now outdated. So I need my valid Resident card as Parent in order to get her a SIN .
Nobody here doesn't seem to help me.
Not Canada Revenue
Can't reach IRCC
Not per mail,not per phone.
It's so very nerve-racking.
Since my Husband died view years ago it's so hard to figure all out,and I feel really alone with all that.The Settlement Person just said,she don't know what to do.My daughter wants to have a job but without my Resident Card I can't renew my and her passport.They want to have a Copy stamped by a lawyer.
I dont know what to do,I don't know much people here.i was in the Office from Canada Revenue .They can't help me.i have no Idea what else I can do toget her a SIN Number.

Last edited:

Canamronlee

Nov 24, 2023
Give Windows a try!
Give Windows a try!
Greetings.
Well. I have everything ready to submit.Everything is in the GREEN and says “ready to submit.” The problem with my application was that I put “ON” instead of “Ontario.”
For anybody reading this thread, I cannot state this enough. Do NOT abbreviate anything.
Spell out the full words. That was my problem. The other thing might be a server or browser thing. It’s not working with Microsoft Edge. Everything is ready to submit. I completed everything on the list and signed it all. I just have to figure out the big submit button at the end. That is my last challenge in this endeavor.

Canamronlee

Nov 24, 2023
I am using an iMac computer and Macs. Does this frequently happen to folks who use a Mac? Does Windows work better for this online system? I’ll try Windows and see if I have any success. I’d like to do this online however if all else fails I’ll use the good old fashioned way like my grandpappy did and send a paper application by way of Pony Express courier, steam locomotive,
Pr.Card Renewal
My Renewal Application was accepted by the 20.07.2023
I just have a UCI Number
I didn't receive a Application number per Email.
My Application was filled without failures by an Settlement Agent.
I tried to call IRCC but I can't reach anyone since weeks now.
Our Problem is,that my Daughter 15y needs a SIN number and her Passport is now outdated. So I need my valid Resident card as Parent in order to get her a SIN .
Nobody here doesn't seem to help me.
Not Canada Revenue
Can't reach IRCC
Not per mail,not per phone.
It's so very nerve-racking.
Since my Husband died view years ago it's so hard to figure all out,and I feel really alone with all that.The Settlement Person just said,she don't know what to do.My daughter wants to have a job but without my Resident Card I can't renew my and her passport.They want to have a Copy stamped by a lawyer.
I dont know what to do,I don't know much people here.i was in the Office from Canada Revenue .They can't help me.i have no Idea what else I can do toget her a SIN Number.
I found this phone number to contact IRCC.
1-888-242-2100. The hours are 8am to 4pm local time. I’m not sure when that is.
I hope this helps.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am using an iMac computer and Macs. Does this frequently happen to folks who use a Mac? Does Windows work better for this online system? I’ll try Windows and see if I have any success. I’d like to do this online however if all else fails I’ll use the good old fashioned way like my grandpappy did and send a paper application by way of Pony Express courier, steam locomotive,

I found this phone number to contact IRCC.
1-888-242-2100. The hours are 8am to 4pm local time. I’m not sure when that is.
I hope this helps.
You might even want to use Chrome as well.

Canamronlee

Nov 24, 2023
SUCCESS!!!

I submitted my application online! Thank you everyone for your advice and support!

I used an iMac computer, so I know it can be done.

Wow, that was tedious. A few things that might help others in renewing your PR card.

1. Do not and I mean DO NOT abbreviate anything. For instance, type in “Ontario” and not “ON”
  2. Don‘t forget to include a copy of a primary ID document such as a passport.
  3. Name your files so people know what it is. (example): “JSmith PR card front”
  4. On the drop-down list for documents, use “Other” to send the back of your PR card or another proof of residence document. Unfortunately, you can only select the “PR card (front and back)” option once. This needs to get fixed. Hopefully in the future there will be an option for the front and the back. The same goes for the 2nd document needed for proof of residency.
  5. Don‘t forget to include your driver’s license as an identity document. You need to include this, plus your passport as well.

That was one heck of a ride! Thank God there are forums like this to help us navigate

these crazy waters together. It can be done and sometimes all we need is a little help from our friends and we can get by.

Godspeed!