+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & No Status update

ashikn

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Hi All,

I have applied for my PR Card renewal (paper based) in April 30, 2021 and mailed through Canada Post. Right Now I am in Canada and still there is no update in CAS (Customer Application Status) portal.

Last year I remember, I had submitted my wife PR renewal same way in May 15, 2020 and after waiting 4 months, we received an email from CIC stating that your (my wife's) application for Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2020/05/26. After receiving this email, we have found that her CAS status also changed and within 1 week decision was made and we received her PR card within a week.

So I was also waiting for this kind of email from CIC which will update me that they have received my application on xxx date. But its now almost 6 months since my submission date but no email and no update in CAS. Btw I would like to mention the following thing:

1. Do you meet the residency requirement? -YES
2. Do you have a more complicated travel history than your wife? -YES
3. Did you have fewer residency days (around 740) at the time you applied for the PR card renewal? -YES

I need to fly outside Canada for some business purpose, appreciate if you guys can advise or update me if you are facing the same issue or not. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: