+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we have to submit supporting documents as proof of residency that we were here for over 730 days? I thought just sharing travel history is the form is enough. but the wording is confusing. but int eh document checklist, they have a checkbox for proof of residency. Please help guys!! :(
Yes, as of the recent change earlier this month. Now all applications for PR card renewal must include at least 2 pieces of evidence of residency in Canada.

Reactions: sv-canadatoindia

tk785

May 24, 2021
Yes, as of the recent change earlier this month. Now all applications for PR card renewal must include at least 2 pieces of evidence of residency in Canada.
What if you submitted the application in April and not June?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Question 3.5 of the form asks "have you ever been issued any of the following documents -1) travel document 2)PRTD . I am confused what do they mean by travel document? Isnt COPR and PR card also a travel document?
passport or RTD (for refugee PR) are travel documents.

srinee

Mar 6, 2021
Hi everyone,

My PR card will be expiring on June 22. I submitted my paper based application on April 12 and it was received on April 17. As i see from this thread, applications from end of March are currently being processed.

I need to leave to India on Aug 23 for my mother’s first year death ceremony which cannot be avoided. Can someone pls reply on my below queries?
  1. Is there any way to link my application online without receiving AOR?
  2. Understand I cant apply for PRTD from within Canada. Current processing time is 2-8 weeks from outside canada. Is there any way to expedite?
  3. Is it advisable to submit another application or raise webform on urgent basis with my ticket?
Thank you!

yoyo1104

May 26, 2023
Hi everyone,

My PR card will be expiring on June 22. I submitted my paper based application on April 12 and it was received on April 17. As i see from this thread, applications from end of March are currently being processed.

I need to leave to India on Aug 23 for my mother’s first year death ceremony which cannot be avoided. Can someone pls reply on my below queries?
  2. Understand I cant apply for PRTD from within Canada. Current processing time is 2-8 weeks from outside canada. Is there any way to expedite?
  3. Is it advisable to submit another application or raise webform on urgent basis with my ticket?
Thank you!
Unfortunately I think the answers to the first 2 questions are "No". You may try to submit another urgent application, but I think it is very likely that they won't consider your case as urgent, because it is not related to work or health or recent death...
Good thing is you still have 2 more months and it is very likely you will get your new card by the time you need to leave. Good luck!

Reactions: srinee

yoyo1104

May 26, 2023
Hi everyone,

Thank you!
And if you dont receive your new card by the time you need to leave, since you don't need your pr card to leave Canada, you may have someone else to mail it to India for you later. In that case, you don't need to wait for PRTD.

Reactions: srinee

gairik1987

Mar 1, 2017
Applied for pr card renewal on 9th April, could never link the applixation. Still shows submitted online. Just received the new pr card in the mail today.