+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
Update:
PR renewal Paper application received by Sydney office 6th March (Family of 4 applications)
AOR for all 4 applications by email 5th June
Email notifying me of a "status change" - All 4 cards mailed 7th June
2 out of 4 cards Card received 12th June - hopefully the other 2 will arrive later this week

Thank you all for sharing your timelines/experiences - this forum has been so helpful! It can be a long wait between your application arriving in their mailroom and receiving that AOR, 3 months in my case - frustrating and stressful! But it sounds like after that AOR things move pretty quickly, at least that was my experience and that of others I've read on this forum. Hoping the process goes smoothly for the rest of you still waiting!!
Congratulation! Sound like we March applicants are now rowing!!!

theprabhsingh

Dec 6, 2019
Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Doc's Request.
14-04-2022
AOR Received.
11-10-2019
File Transfer...
16-12-2019
Med's Request
27-11-2019
Med's Done....
20-11-2019
Interview........
02-03-2022
Passport Req..
22-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2022
LANDED..........
09-06-2022
We got this update now just 5min ago,

We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

this was for my wife, but for me its still in process

theprabhsingh

Dec 6, 2019
Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Doc's Request.
14-04-2022
AOR Received.
11-10-2019
File Transfer...
16-12-2019
Med's Request
27-11-2019
Med's Done....
20-11-2019
Interview........
02-03-2022
Passport Req..
22-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2022
LANDED..........
09-06-2022
We got this update now just 5min ago,

We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

this was for my wife, but for me its still in process
After 5min i also get update on my gckey that

flyingpbandj

Jan 31, 2018
Coquitlam, BC
Paper application received by IRCC on February 23, 2023, AOR on May 29, 2023 and they started processing the application on the same day. No updates. ECAS shows "In Progress". :mad:

dimple34

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Update:
PR renewal
Paper application received by Sydney office 6th March
AOR 5th June
Email received saying "status has changed" 10th June - checked it this morning and card mailed 7th June
Hooray!

My issue is that the "Mailing address" they have is an address in the UK of our old Immigration Consultant who helped us move to Canada and get our first PR cards (nowhere on our PR renewal did we include this address). So now I'm panicking that it has been sent there, however on their website, CIC says they don't send PR cards outside of Canada so REALLY hoping it has been sent to our Canadian address - fingers crossed!
Can you please update once you get the card?

Dansal

Star Member
Oct 4, 2022
Landed in Can in January 2023, my husband (main applicant) & son got their PR card on last week of Feb. I have been waiting to get mine. It’s been 5months now. Several web forms dropped but got the usual response. Anybody else in the same boat?? How much more time will it take?

torono24

May 3, 2023
I had applied for renewal on Apr 5th. I didn't get any AOR or email, but I was able to finally link my application using GCkey today (after trying everyday for last couple weeks). It says my application was approved on June 9th, with latest status being 'review of eligibility' updated on June 13th and card sent via mail.

In how many days should I expect the card in mail? Also, I am traveling out of country on 15th June (tomorrow). Can I still use my previous PR card upon return to Canada in a few weeks? This original PR card expires end of the year. Or will this be a problem? Looking for some help and answers.

Last edited:
Reactions: MathToStat

medwiz

May 25, 2014
I had applied for renewal on Apr 5th. I didn't get any AOR or email, but I was able to finally link my application using GCkey today (after trying everyday for last couple weeks). It says my application was approved on June 9th, with latest status being 'review of eligibility' updated on June 13th and card sent via mail.

In how many days should I expect the card in mail? Also, I am traveling out of country on 15th June (tomorrow). Can I still use my previous PR card upon return to Canada in a few weeks? This original PR card expires end of the year. Or will this be a problem? Looking for some help and answers.
Mailed card should arrive in 7-10 days give or take...So you probably won't be able to receive it before traveling

Upon issuance of the new card, the existing one becomes invalid after 60 days after issuance of the new one.. so you have untill around August 9 to return to Canada using the old one

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017

Is it paper or online? Sounds very fast!