+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

dimple34

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
assume it should be landing date. When did you submit your application? Did you receive AoR? System is not able to find your application because you are either entering information that doesn’t match with information IRCC has OR your application is yet to be picked up for processing
I sent my paper application on Apr 19 and it was delivered on Apr 24. I haven’t received any email from them so far not even acknowledgement thats why wondering where my application is.

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
I sent my paper application on Apr 19 and it was delivered on Apr 24. I haven’t received any email from them so far not even acknowledgement thats why wondering where my application is.
Be patient, I sent in paper application around March 20 and still nothing updates

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
There is the reason, your application is not yet picked for processing and hence you cannot link it for now. You can call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 and check as to which date applications are under process right now.

VanMTG

May 4, 2023
Update:
PR renewal
Paper application received by Sydney office 6th March
AOR 5th June
Email received saying "status has changed" 10th June - checked it this morning and card mailed 7th June
Hooray!

My issue is that the "Mailing address" they have is an address in the UK of our old Immigration Consultant who helped us move to Canada and get our first PR cards (nowhere on our PR renewal did we include this address). So now I'm panicking that it has been sent there, however on their website, CIC says they don't send PR cards outside of Canada so REALLY hoping it has been sent to our Canadian address - fingers crossed!

Reactions: MathToStat

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
Update:
PR renewal
Paper application received by Sydney office 6th March
AOR 5th June
Email received saying "status has changed" 10th June - checked it this morning and card mailed 7th June
Hooray!

My issue is that the "Mailing address" they have is an address in the UK of our old Immigration Consultant who helped us move to Canada and get our first PR cards (nowhere on our PR renewal did we include this address). So now I'm panicking that it has been sent there, however on their website, CIC says they don't send PR cards outside of Canada so REALLY hoping it has been sent to our Canadian address - fingers crossed!
So fast after AOR. Congratulations!!!

silviosilvio

Jun 11, 2023
i sent my renewal of my PR card with Post Canada on 28 February. I have no news at all .If they received it or not .No AOL no email I try to call and nobody answer at the phone because they are busy with so many applications. Any suggestion what i must do?

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
i sent my renewal of my PR card with Post Canada on 28 February. I have no news at all .If they received it or not .No AOL no email I try to call and nobody answer at the phone because they are busy with so many applications. Any suggestion what i must do?
This is so frustrating...Honestly I do not know what to do either. Let us see if others on this forum have any ideas. But do not lose hope my buddy, we all all here for you!

Reactions: silviosilvio

dimple34

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
This is so frustrating...Honestly I do not know what to do either. Let us see if others on this forum have any ideas. But do not lose hope my buddy, we all all here for you!
Did you track it when was it delivered? I also did canada post but xpress one.

dimple34

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
True. I called IRCC there was no agent available. On the call they mentioned about a webform where I can fill in query and I got response after few days with a typical template reply and no information at all. It sucks.

Reactions: silviosilvio

theprabhsingh

Dec 6, 2019
Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Doc's Request.
14-04-2022
AOR Received.
11-10-2019
File Transfer...
16-12-2019
Med's Request
27-11-2019
Med's Done....
20-11-2019
Interview........
02-03-2022
Passport Req..
22-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2022
LANDED..........
09-06-2022
Received confirmation email that paper application has been received.

• Date Received: March 17, 2023

A bit confused on the messaging though:

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Final decision - June 8, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Does that mean it is still in progress or final decision made?

Thank you in advance.
Did you get any update on your application of PR Card renewal ?

VanMTG

May 4, 2023
Update:
PR renewal Paper application received by Sydney office 6th March (Family of 4 applications)
AOR for all 4 applications by email 5th June
Email notifying me of a "status change" - All 4 cards mailed 7th June
2 out of 4 cards Card received 12th June - hopefully the other 2 will arrive later this week

Thank you all for sharing your timelines/experiences - this forum has been so helpful! It can be a long wait between your application arriving in their mailroom and receiving that AOR, 3 months in my case - frustrating and stressful! But it sounds like after that AOR things move pretty quickly, at least that was my experience and that of others I've read on this forum. Hoping the process goes smoothly for the rest of you still waiting!!