+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

habiba.mahboob

Jun 25, 2023
Dear All, I need your support.

I submitted my online application for a PR renewal on July 10.

On October 19, I connected my application to GC Key.

"Final decision - October 10, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

how long this will take for it to show approved or rejected. and do i need to keep checking my GC key or i will be notified by an mail

looking for your feedback and insight on this regards.
How did you link it with GC key?
I submitted my applicationin may . They issued me uci on 28th august. Today the status changed to decision made.
But I don’t know whether it is approved of rejected

Manojgdv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Hi, we got an update (email) on my spouse application today stating "-Your photos were damaged/ink on photos. " i don't see any ink on them though. But the link to view is no more greyed in the portal and i can view the application. Do i just need to resubmit with new pictures? It says reapply with your complete application in the PR portal
Hi @jackdawn Did you take new photos and resubmitted the application. I am also in same boat, and I can view the application with all the documents submitted earlier. Should I take photo again and submit again?

Lukum.1991

Feb 26, 2016
Brampton
Category........
Another Backlog story
Wife's PR Card Renewal
Applied 18th May 2023 - Online (Waited Patiently 90 Days)
Sent two web case forms, one with air ticket (No response)
Asked Local MP to check
As per MP staff, PR card was mailed to us on 26th July 2023 and we never received
MP asked to fill solemn declaration forms as it passed 6 weeks of Mail time
After this received answer to both forms, 1. with case is already in process(Clearly no one checked any thing) 2. Never said card was mailed but asked to fill Solemn declaration form again.
As of yesterday PR card is expired now, Called CIC today and they advise they working on forms( solemn declaration) which they received on 30th Aug.
At this point I am frustrated and verge of re-applying which may be faster.
Never able to link my file, no AOR, no application number, PR portal still says submitted
on the whole, no one knows what is exactly happening with PR card renewal. It is totally messed up system which is always on low priority

HarryQuake

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Yesterday my online pr renewal application got "Primary identification is not provided Incomplete application" in return reason. But the status is still "Submitted". View button is grayed. I am not sure what to do about it. Anyone has any similar experience or suggestion? Thanks.
I received my card today. So I guess this return reason can be ignored.

habiba.mahboob

Jun 25, 2023
Another Backlog story
Wife's PR Card Renewal
Asked Local MP to check
As per MP staff, PR card was mailed to us on 26th July 2023 and we never received
After this received answer to both forms, 1. with case is already in process(Clearly no one checked any thing) 2. Never said card was mailed but asked to fill Solemn declaration form again.
As of yesterday PR card is expired now, Called CIC today and they advise they working on forms( solemn declaration) which they received on 30th Aug.
Never able to link my file, no AOR, no application number, PR portal still says submitted
on the whole, no one knows what is exactly happening with PR card renewal. It is totally messed up system which is always on low priority
So true
Facing almost the same issue

HarryQuake

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Another Backlog story
Wife's PR Card Renewal
Asked Local MP to check
We applied for renewal for two PR cards. Although we filled the current address in application, one of the PR card was sent to the address we told the officer when landing for the first time which is my friend's address. The other renewal was sent correctly. Just for your reference.

Lukum.1991

Feb 26, 2016
Brampton
Category........
We applied for renewal for two PR cards. Although we filled the current address in application, one of the PR card was sent to the address we told the officer when landing for the first time which is my friend's address. The other renewal was sent correctly. Just for your reference.
Thank you for sharing, more fun in my story is that they send to correct address, I confirmed.

Last edited:

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Hello, I got my PR card today as we arrived Canada on October 12th, 2023. But they sent just for me a PR card not for my wife. Do you know it is normal to being apart a family and how we can expect to receive my wife's card? Thank you

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hello, I got my PR card today as we arrived Canada on October 12th, 2023. But they sent just for me a PR card not for my wife. Do you know it is normal to being apart a family and how we can expect to receive my wife's card? Thank you
Perfectly normal ! PR card application are separate for each member of family. To know status, either call IRCC or link PR card application to gckey - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

Reactions: mamad611

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25