+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD RENEWAL / LIVING ABROAD WITH CANADIAN SPOUSE

RaziRaju

May 6, 2018
MY PR CARD HAS ALREADY BEEN RENEWED TWO TIMES.WHAT ARE THE CHANCES FOR THIRD TIME RENEWAL ON THE BASIS OF STAY OUTSIDE CANADA WITH CANADIAN SPOUSE ,HOW MANY MONTHS BEFOR EXPIRY OF PRCARD SHOULD I APPLY.ALSO PLEASE INFORM CHANCES OF THIS RENEWAL AND WHETHER I WILL HAVE TO PROVE MY INTENTION TO LIVE IN CANADA OR NOT NECESSARY.KINDLY ADVICE

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Easy on the capital letters please.

As long as you are living with your Canadian spouse, those days count towards the residency obligation for your PR, but not citizenship. Provided you have the proof, they will renew it, but it must be applied for in Canada. If you are not in Canada, and don’t intend to return for a while, they may issue a multiple entry PRTD until you do return. You can apply about 6-9 months before your current one expires.

Reactions: RaziRaju

RaziRaju

May 6, 2018
Easy on the capital letters please.

As long as you are living with your Canadian spouse, those days count towards the residency obligation for your PR, but not citizenship. Provided you have the proof, they will renew it, but it must be applied for in Canada. If you are not in Canada, and don’t intend to return for a while, they may issue a multiple entry PRTD until you do return. You can apply about 6-9 months before your current one expires.
Thanks a lot

RaziRaju

May 6, 2018
What proofs will be needed any documents for the renewal on third time and what are the chances please

RaziRaju

May 6, 2018
What documents will be esstially required if I wish to renew my PR card on the basis of Stay with Canadian spouse abroad.Is there any chance to be delayed as this is third time Renewal of PR card.How much before expiry should I apply

explorer84

Oct 21, 2017
Hi Raziraju,
I understand that you did your PR renewal 3rd time basis living outside canada as your wife is canadian. I have similar situation but this will be my first time renewal. Can you please advise whether you got it done 3rd time smoothly and what documents did you provide. Thanks!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Raziraju,
I understand that you did your PR renewal 3rd time basis living outside canada as your wife is canadian. I have similar situation but this will be my first time renewal. Can you please advise whether you got it done 3rd time smoothly and what documents did you provide. Thanks!
The member that you replied to has not been active here since December of 2018.