+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal has to photocopy EVERY page in the passport?

jasonty9

Oct 27, 2014
I have used 2 passports during my last 4 years, and that would add up to about 100 pages of passport photocopy...

Can we just photocopy the stamped page instead?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jasonty9 said:
I have used 2 passports during my last 4 years, and that would add up to about 100 pages of passport photocopy...

No you have to copy all pages and better get them certified with dates. How else would they know you dont have stamps in other pages and how do they know you didnt copy passport at a previous point before you made later trips?

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
CanV said:
No you have to copy all pages and better get them certified with dates. How else would they know you dont have stamps in other pages and how do they know you didnt copy passport at a previous point before you made later trips?
This is a good point. If you don't copy every page, they don't know there is no information on the missing pages

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know about you, but I would gladly copy every page, pay for every copy then risk my application being returned after 5-6 month of waiting, just follow the process and do whatever they ask you to do, do not assume that they have the time for common sense...if you don't send every page, they could easily assume that you are hiding something....

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jasonty9 said:

CIC in their wisdom have asked for 'all pages' of your passports stamped or un-stamped so they can conclusively determine based on all these pages if your travel history is consistent with declared travel dates and the records held by CIC/CBSA and any other authority CIC may interact with e.g CBP. Taking it upon yourself to send what you want instead of what is asked for especially when the missing info is key to determining if and how you meet the RO which is the basis of PR Card renewal is saying you don't care about following instructions. Bureaucracies don't like those who don't follow instructions especially without any valid reason which is why if something is missing explain...I don't want to doesn't cut it. If you are a gambling sort sure take the risk but you may win or lose - RQs, referral to Local Office, interview. CIC can take their sweet time processing your renewal...can you cope with say a 12 month processing timeline with no guarantee of approval? If you can't cope then really best to follow the instructions. As a side issue its noticeable from case law that the number one flag for residency issues (including outright fraud) is missing passports and/or missing passport pages.