+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Gone Wrong - Please help Me (Leon)

rb10

May 8, 2014
Msafiri said:
CBSA agent will have other ways to verify your PR status starting with the biodata on your UK passport.....you ever been pulled over by the cops and have no ID.....they soon find out who you are eh! You won't be the first or last PR to show up at the border without a PR Card so nothing special...instead of sweating the small stuff you ought to focus on the RO which is really the major issue.
So you think I will be absolutely fine coming back into Canada with just my receipt?

Leon said that the 5 years is rolling, I reckon I have another 3 months before I am outside the RO. Say a CBSA sees im outside the RO, will they give me the chance to come back in and meet the RO or am i on the next flight home

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To avoid repetition read my threads in page 2 of this topic...it will give you the answers you seek.

rb10

May 8, 2014
Msafiri said:
To avoid repetition read my threads in page 2 of this topic...it will give you the answers you seek.
In this thread I posted? Can you link me or copy and paste, I dont know where you are talking about because I just re read every post in my post and I am asking a new question that I think is fair...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rb10 said:
In this thread I posted? Can you link me or copy and paste, I dont know where you are talking about because I just re read every post in my post and I am asking a new question that I think is fair...
Yes - the answer is already in this thread. Here's what was posted (you may want to read through the thread again):

2. Admission into Canada - PRs have the right of entry into Canada. PRs must meet the RO at each examination - seeking admission is being 'examined'. The CBSA border agent may or may not examine your RO. They may or may not bother with any breach. They may or may not report you. Regardless they must admit you if its provable you are a PR. Your receipt may or may not suffice - they may ask other questions to verify its you. Again why worry about this its pointless deal with at the POE.

rb10

May 8, 2014
scylla said:
Yes - the answer is already in this thread. Here's what was posted (you may want to read through the thread again):

2. Admission into Canada - PRs have the right of entry into Canada. PRs must meet the RO at each examination - seeking admission is being 'examined'. The CBSA border agent may or may not examine your RO. They may or may not bother with any breach. They may or may not report you. Regardless they must admit you if its provable you are a PR. Your receipt may or may not suffice - they may ask other questions to verify its you. Again why worry about this its pointless deal with at the POE.

You say, why worry about this its pointless deal with at the POE. I am trying to gain as much information and answers until I go to Canada. So I can best prepare myself, I am sorry if I am asking a 1000 questions. I am just asking it as many as possible so I can go to Canada fully prepared to understand anything and eveything they throw at me. What I have gathered from this is, I do not need a travel document, they are a wasted of time, correct? I should bring as much evidence that I am a PR so I can show CBSA, right? I HAVE to meet the RO when I return to Canada to say I am a PR? not sure about this one, because honestly I might fall out of the RO but I would easily fall back in shortly after being in Canada

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rb10 said:
I HAVE to meet the RO when I return to Canada to say I am a PR? not sure about this one, because honestly I might fall out of the RO but I would easily fall back in shortly after being in Canada
If you get reported on entry, it doesn't matter if you fall back into the RO shortly after being in Canada because the date you get reported is the date that counts. If you get reported, you have to appeal. If they accept your reasons, you would win the appeal and keep your PR.

Do you know the date of all your trips in and out of Canada in the past 5 years? Post them here and I will help you figure out if you meet the RO or not.

rb10

May 8, 2014
Leon said:
If you get reported on entry, it doesn't matter if you fall back into the RO shortly after being in Canada because the date you get reported is the date that counts. If you get reported, you have to appeal. If they accept your reasons, you would win the appeal and keep your PR.

Do you know the date of all your trips in and out of Canada in the past 5 years? Post them here and I will help you figure out if you meet the RO or not.
Do you want me to post the information I put basically in my PR Card Renewal Application which adds up the days I have been in and out of Canada?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rb10 said:
You say, why worry about this its pointless deal with at the POE. I am trying to gain as much information and answers until I go to Canada. So I can best prepare myself, I am sorry if I am asking a 1000 questions. I am just asking it as many as possible so I can go to Canada fully prepared to understand anything and eveything they throw at me. What I have gathered from this is, I do not need a travel document, they are a wasted of time, correct? I should bring as much evidence that I am a PR so I can show CBSA, right? I HAVE to meet the RO when I return to Canada to say I am a PR? not sure about this one, because honestly I might fall out of the RO but I would easily fall back in shortly after being in Canada
The why worry is in relation/in the context to your repeated question about right of entry...multiple responses to you state that PRs have the right of entry into Canada subject to CBSA confirmation you hold PR status that has not been revoked where such confirmation is easiest if you hold proof of status but that if you don't CBSA have other tools to ascertain this including aksing you questions.

Also that with this right of entry that you have an RO. The border agent as has again been repeatedly stated can report you or may decide not to bother....you have no control over this if you are in breach of the RO...its entirely up to the CBSA agent and whatever mood they are in but if they are to do their job they should report you unless your reasons are to them H&C grounds e.g. you were in a road accident and had been in hospital for several months.

Sorry but I fail to see why you can't make sense of the answers. Its like me telling you I live in say South Kensington in London and want to get to Heathrow Airport using the tube..you tell me use the Piccadilly line....I ask again and again...so I can use the Piccadilly line right? What would you do if I asked you this 3 or more times?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Just make sure that you don't take the Uxbridge train....