+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD RENEWAL APPLICATION FORM

nikcho

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
I WANT TO APPLY FOR RENEWAL OF MY PR CARD CANADA BUT I DONT MEET MY RESIDENTIAL OBLIGATIONS. CAN I APPLY FOR RENEWAL OF MY PR CARD ?
IN PR RENEWAL APPLICATION THERE IS NO COLUMN FOR EXPLAINING THE REASONS FOR NOT MEETING OBLIGATIONS . WHERE I CAN EXPLAIN MY POSITION IN THE APPLICATION FORM ? CAN I APPLY ON COMPASSIONATE GROUNDS ?

AT PRESENT I AM IN INDIA AND FLYING BACK TO CANADA LAST WEEK OF MARCH 2015 AS MY PR CARD EXPIRING ON MAY 5 . 2015. WILL THERE BE ANY PROBLEM IN ENTERING CANADA ON THE SAID DATE AS I COMPLETED ONLY ONE YEAR IN CANADA. ? CAN THEY REFUSE THE ENTRY ?

CAN I COME BACK AFTER APPLYING FOR PR CARD ON COMPASSIONATE GROUNDS ?

PL REPLY.
THANKS.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What are your reasons for failing to meet the residency obligation?

The best option would be for you to return to Canada and then live in Canada until you meet the residency obligation before you apply to renew your PR card. This would be the safest option.

nikcho

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
THANKS DEAR

REASONS FOR COMPASSIONATE GROUNDS ARE MY PARENTS CRITICAL HEALTH AT AGE OF 80 YRS. I AM TO LOOK AFTER THEM.

PL SUGGEST HOW AND WHERE I CAN WRITE THESE REASONS IN THE RENEWAL APPLICATION FORM ?

IS THERE ANY RISK OF ENTERING CANADA AT THIS STAGE .?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please don't type in all caps. It's difficult to read and is considered to be yelling.

You won't be able to renew your PR card from outside of Canada. You will have to wait until you have returned to Canada. Even if you have H&C considerations, if at all possible, you should wait until you meet the residency obligation before you apply to renew your status.

Yes - it's possible you might have issues when you enter Canada. There is a small chance the immigration officer could report you for failing to meet the residency obligation. If this happens, you will be allowed to enter Canada but will have to appear at a hearing to argue why you should be allowed to keep your status. If this happens, you can use your parents' illness a a reason for failing to meet the obligation (make sure you have supporting evidence such as hospitalization records, letters from doctors, etc.).

nikcho

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
ITS MY PROBLEM THAT I CANT STAY 2 YEARS IN CONTINUTY AS I WILL HAVE TO COME BACK TO LOOK AFTER MY PARETNS. SO I WANT TO APPLY FOR RENEWAL . WILL THEY CONSIDER MY CASE ON HUMAN GROUNDS ?
I CAN COMPLETE 2 YRS IN 5YRS TIME.
PL HELP.

THANKS.

nikcho

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Sorry for capital letters.

can i represent my case individualy or i will have to have a lawyer ?

i am going to canada only for applying for pr renewal now.

pl answer my queries that how can i mention these reasons in form.

i will be compelled to come back after applying for pr renewal as my parents are not well.

thanks .
WAITNG REPLY