+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal and Income Tax question.

Aug 17, 2012
Hello, Ive been looking through this forum the las while and am really happy I found it!

I am coming up to DEcember and my PR card expiring, so am looking at renewal right now.
In the time I've been here I have been living from family savings and have not owed tax, nor ever claimed anything.
Part 4 of the required documents states I should include 'Income Tax assessments issued by Canada Revenue Agency for two (2) years within the past five (5) years'.

I have everything else it asks for and have only been outside the country for 5 weeks total in 5 years, so meet the time requirements.
I am wondering how important this part is and what to do.
I have tried calling the CIC number the last few days and have been told its busy every time.

Some advice would be very much appreciated.
thanks you.

pecimob

Star Member
Aug 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems you don't have a problem with immigration. Your issues may be taxes so you need to call the CRA instead.

karenps

Jul 30, 2012
Did you file your taxes Tjust fill out the forms and sent them to CRA)? If you did, you should have received a notice of assessment from them. You need to include these in your package. My parents are rertired and have no income. We support them financially, but have still fiked their taxes. They get a notice of assessment saying NIL.

Hope this helps.
Karen