+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card received - less than a month after Landing

dfb

Star Member
Jul 23, 2008
Just wanted to let everyone who is curious about timelines know that my PR card arrived today (December 11). I landed at Pearson Airport (Toronto) on November 13. Quicker turnaround than I expected!

Miryam

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
November/2009
dfb said:
Just wanted to let everyone who is curious about timelines know that my PR card arrived today (December 11). I landed at Pearson Airport (Toronto) on November 13. Quicker turnaround than I expected!
That is great! :)

When I landed, the IO said the PR Card would arrive in 6 to 8 weeks. :(

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
dfb,

Our timeline for landing is about the same, and I got my PR card this week too!

Congratulations. We are now "card carrying" members of an exclusive club, eh?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems that the backlog has been cleared as most of the people landed are receiving their PR cards within 4 to 6 weeks time.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
wilson said:
It seems that the backlog has been cleared as most of the people landed are receiving their PR cards within 4 to 6 weeks time.
that's what we were told at border - 4 to 6 weeks. on cic, they mention 30 days.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
dfb said:
that's great news! thank you for the update! :)

johan

Feb 20, 2010
Hi,
I landed on February8, 2010 at Emerson border.The border officer told me that it will take 6-8 weeks to get the PR card.But in the CIC website it says that the processing time is 30 days for the new arriving immigrant and in another column it says that the current processing time is 102 days.I am little bit confused that which category is for me.Can any one help me?

Thanks

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@johan

I am also confused. Its been almost 6 weeks after the landing date and have not received PR card.
Do they have any customer service number to reach them?

johan said:
Hi,
I landed on February8, 2010 at Emerson border.The border officer told me that it will take 6-8 weeks to get the PR card.But in the CIC website it says that the processing time is 30 days for the new arriving immigrant and in another column it says that the current processing time is 102 days.I am little bit confused that which category is for me.Can any one help me?

Thanks

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have absolutely no idea what to do in this case. I have to go out of Canada for 2 weeks and then I will be changing my job and will be moving to other city.

Just wanted to know if they sent the card or Postal Department lost it ? Any idea?

Thnx.

getaround said:
I was told the wait can be 3 months at the moment; this is a difficult if you need to leave.

getaround

Nov 4, 2009
catchvb said:
I have absolutely no idea what to do in this case. I have to go out of Canada for 2 weeks and then I will be changing my job and will be moving to other city.

Just wanted to know if they sent the card or Postal Department lost it ? Any idea?

Thnx.
Ive been in Canada over 5 years on work permit through work sponsorship. I am a VP in the aviation industry and do about 2 dozen overseas meetings a year.

I became a PR last month and my permit was taken away I mentioned i have meeting this month; I was told....

You either want PR or not .

It's a card, print it post it. 3 months what a joke.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand your frustration. Worst part is there is no way to contact the office who prints the card.
Just wait for it :(

getaround said:
Ive been in Canada over 5 years on work permit through work sponsorship. I am a VP in the aviation industry and do about 2 dozen overseas meetings a year.

I became a PR last month and my permit was taken away I mentioned i have meeting this month; I was told....

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
getaround said:

What's your country of citizenship? If you're from a visa exempt country, you don't need the PR card before going to your meeting. The PR card is only needed for boarding a commercial carrier back to Canada when you would otherwise need a visa. If you're visa-exempt, you can just take a copy of your COPR document with you and show that when you arrive back at Canadian immigration. There may be a slight delay while they look you up in the computer, but it won't be a problem

prof456

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
getaround said:

It should not be a problem. You can still come in with your COPR till you get your PR card.