Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 07, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18. 2010
Our family of 5 landed in Toronto on Dec 18, 2010. I as per my plan we returned to our country of current residence (UAE) on Jan 6, 2011. This was due to:
1. my job commitments and
2. children's on going school year.

We plan to close out from here and move to Canada permanently in June 2012. Our PR cards started to arrive at my Toronto address in the first week of February. But on March 1, I received a letter (dated Feb 28) stating that the photo of my youngest (3 year old) was not in accordance to the specs given and that he should report to the Toronto Office in person to give his new photos within 180 days.

So my question is:
Can we let the 180 days pass and let the PR application default and when we arrive next year we could put in a fresh application?
Will this be a problem? We want to avoid the expense and hassle of traveling to Canada from the UAE if at all possible.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to this member, you can give the photos later when you arrive next year.

PG said:
Gentleman,

There is no point to worry. Just relax.
You will get a red letter in few weeks, or may even take 3-4 months. This is a letter in standard format, which says your photograph did not meet the specification.....bring the specified photos in person within 180 days of receipt of this letter.

If you have time and want to hand over the "most expensive photo of your life" to them, you can ask for a travel document in your nearest Canadian Embassy. Otherwise you can go later when you plan to finally settle there and apply for the PR again, which normally takes more than 6 months to be in your hands.

Why should you lie them? Are you told not to leave Canada? Otherwise you don't need to hide where you are even if you are in moon. They don't bother even if you tell them that you are in your home country and do not want to go there for a couple of years. To me they were very nice and suggested to take care of 730 days.

Siawo

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
May 12, 2009
AOR Received.
May 20, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 1, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 07, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18. 2010
That does make sense but, no one is giving me a straight answer (Embassy, CIC, Lawyers, etc.)

PG

Dec 21, 2010
Siawo said:
That does make sense but, no one is giving me a straight answer (Embassy, CIC, Lawyers, etc.)
What straight answer do you want?
Just relax, stay in your job or enjoy and don't worry about anything. Just take care of 730 days if you don't want to give up your job. Only an issue is to apply for the TD of your son when you plan to go back to Canada. I don't think anyone will reject the TD application in normal case, but its not that smooth as having PR card on hand.

shatoor

Oct 19, 2010
Dear Siawo

i am not sure about 180 thing,but i also had same problem,my picture was rejected.
I went end of april to apply for PR Card in person,the CIC Lady asked me why i came late,i explained
i am still working in Dubai and cant move immediately,end of her questions.
but i would definitely suggest take the exact size of pictures and get it stamped with date from photo studio,i had to pay 22
dollars for 2 pictures here in toronto.
getting PRTD From AUH is not difficult,just fill the form attach the letters and passport will come to you in a week time.
anyway its your kids case,they are very lenient with kids over here.

New Ontarian

Apr 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All,
I have a similar situation and would appreciate your help…
I landed with my family in July, 2010… Left Canada after one month back to my country of my current residence. Myself and my wife have got the PR cards, however, my 2 kids (11+3) haven’t got it… Nov 2010, I flew back to Canada to check the status and see why they neither issued the PRCs nor send the letter. Their contact centre advised me that there is an issue with the photos and the files have been transferred to St Claire and the agent said you should get a letter within 2 weeks. I went back to my country of residence and no letter was received yet.

We are planning to move permanently to Canada in mid June 2011, therefore, I went to the Canadian embassy and applied for Travel Documents for the kids, which I am still waiting for. Only yesterday, a letter was received from CIC (a white coloured!!) stating that this is a FINAL NOTICE and if I don’t come within 2 weeks (ends by 16 May 2011), the PR application will be considered abandoned and new application would need to be submitted.

My questions are:
1. What is the reference to application, is it PR card or PR status?
2. What do I have to do now? Would they allow the kids in at the airport if they are holding travel documents or they will not grant them access since their application was considered abandoned?
3. If they allow the kids in, where would we have to go to submit another application? How long would it take and what are the implications (e.g. school, health card, etc)?
4. Is there any reference in the CIC website that explain similar situation?

I would highly appreciate your help on this matter since I am really considering revising all my plans and relocate earlier than the specified deadline (i.e. within the next 10 days) which is extremely difficult and if I was lucky and the travel documents were issued within those 10 days.

Regards,

Siawo

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
May 12, 2009
AOR Received.
May 20, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 1, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 07, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18. 2010
Thank you all for you responses.

@ New Ontarian: I suggest you do what I shall be doing. Sit tight, finish all your commitments, and then when you are ready to go live permanently in Canada, get PRTDs for your kids. When you arrive, reapply for the kids PR cards. End of story.

My problem was that I was equating PR card with PR Status. PR card it seems is just a travel document that allows you to enter Canada via a commercial carrier if your PR status is valid. That is it.

Hope that this resolves any confusion. If anyone knows something to the contrary please let us know. :)

Sihs

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 June 2008
Med's Request
01 July 2010
Med's Done....
14 July 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30 DEC 2010
VISA ISSUED...
17 FEB 2011
LANDED..........
Soon Inshaa Allah
Dear Siaow,

Just a question please, as me and my family are planning to land at the end of June and had a few queries:

Which address did you provide for PR cards? Is there any address you can suggest, as we don't have any family nor friends there.

Where would you suggest we stay, for the 4 of us, 2 of whom are kids aged 7 years and 20 months old?

Your replies will be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Sihs :)

Siawo

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
May 12, 2009
AOR Received.
May 20, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 1, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 07, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18. 2010
@ Sihs: Check out Captain's awesome posting on http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t36735.0.html

I suggest you find a temporary accommodation after you land either a hotel (if you can afford it) or a 'short-stay' accommodation (but you will have to book before you land). You can start checking out the classifieds on the internet for an apartment. Look for locations close to public transport stops/stations. Also keep in mind the neighbourhoods because where you live will determine where your kids go to school (research schools).

If you don't have a friend or relative’s address to give on your PR card application, then you have 6 months after landing to give CIC an address where the PR card can be mailed, if you don't supply the address, you will then have to re-apply for the card and then pick it up at an Immigration office.

rabzee

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
We landed in Edmonton on March 10th 2011, got our SIN,health card etc, my husband return to US in the end of march while i stay there with my baby for almost 2 months. i came back to US with my baby. Now last week we(me and my husband) received our Pr cards but not my baby. Now today we received a letter at my friends address that our baby's photos are rejected and we need to bring two photos to the Citizen and Immigration office.The have make an appointment oh May 30th. And they have written that
"they wish to remind that appointment is very important to attend this appointment in order that we may finalize your Permanent Resident Card and avoid further delay."

what should we do?????

El Toro

May 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If it is possible, apply immediately (at the nearest Canadian Embassy) for a PR Travel Document for your baby. Let’s hope you get it in time to fly back to Edmonton for your appointment on May 30, so that the existing PR Card application can be completed.

If it is not possible to fly back within 180 days of your first landing, then a fresh PR Card application will have to be made for your baby. Either way, your baby will need a PRTD to reenter Canada.

New Ontarian

Apr 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are traveling by car from the US, a PR card shouldn't be required... My understanding is that the proof of landing should be sufficient unless you are flying...

El Toro

May 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New Ontarian is absolutely right. If you drive across the US border, all you need is the COPR to return to Canada.

Hope things go well for you, rabzee.

rabzee

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
Thank you so much for the replies, well my baby is US citizen so I don't think she needs a travel document but the problem is that we cannot go/fly due to some personal reasons.
I just want to know that IF we don't go there on appointment date will it affect us in future for citizenship?

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
rabzee said:
I just want to know that IF we don't go there on appointment date will it affect us in future for citizenship?
I don't think it will have any affect on citizenship. This is just about having a valid card which you only need for travel. You are still permanent residents because you've landed. If you don't make it by their due date, you just have to pay for the new card.