+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card not received - solemn declaration

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been facing some issues in obtaining my PR card following my landing as a PR in July this year, and I'm quite frustrated by CIC's lack of communication and the general uselessness of their agents.

In short, my PR card never showed up at my nominated address in Canada. After submitting multiple CSEs, I finally learned that the card was actually issued in mid-September, and I was advised that I would need to fill in a solemn declaration if it hadn't arrived after 6 weeks.

Obviously, that was the case and I submitted the solemn declaration as instructed.

What isn't clear to me is whether or not the solemn declaration will automatically trigger a new PR card, or whether I must apply separately for it.

I sent a CSE about this question as well, but honestly, the answer was completely useless (like many I had received before).

Has anyone been in the same situation? Did you receive the PR card just by submitting the solemn declaration?

PS: I'm currently overseas, so am unable to give CIC a call.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Yes you will receive PR card after you submit solemn declaration.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Yes for my family cards missed. I got after one month submitting solemn declaration.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ttrajan said:
Yes for my family cards missed. I got after one month submitting solemn declaration.
Great, thanks for confirming. Much appreciated.

Prairie2016

Dec 20, 2016
I have been facing some issues in obtaining my PR card following my landing as a PR in July this year, and I'm quite frustrated by CIC's lack of communication and the general uselessness of their agents.

In short, my PR card never showed up at my nominated address in Canada. After submitting multiple CSEs, I finally learned that the card was actually issued in mid-September, and I was advised that I would need to fill in a solemn declaration if it hadn't arrived after 6 weeks.

Obviously, that was the case and I submitted the solemn declaration as instructed.

What isn't clear to me is whether or not the solemn declaration will automatically trigger a new PR card, or whether I must apply separately for it.

I sent a CSE about this question as well, but honestly, the answer was completely useless (like many I had received before).

Has anyone been in the same situation? Did you receive the PR card just by submitting the solemn declaration?

Hi Dexmoody,

Please advise if you received your PR cards after submitting solemn declaration and if there is any problems with the procedure since you were outside Canada. I am planning to do a short landing to Canada and have to go back to my home country before PR cards are issued. there is a risk that the cards are lost and I wonder if I can solve the matter while being in my home country. Looking forward for your advice.

Thank you in advance

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Hi Dexmoody,

Did you receive the card?!

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016

what happened finally?