25-12-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Hello,
I became a PR in June 2020. We - my partner and I, applied for PR card in July 2020. In October 2020 we receive a letter that our photo was rejected. Always in October 2020 we did again the photos and sent them back. In December my partner got his PR card. However... I am still waiting for it.

I called several times IRCC they are sending a message every time I call to the office (probably in Ottawa) that is taking care of my card. Basically they told me that the card processing never started.

In 6 months I will ask for citizenship. I have some questions for you:

• did you have the same problem? and how did you solve it?
  • do I need the PR card for citizenship or will they accept the CoPR since it's their fault?
  • right now I can't exit Canada because my CoPR won't allow me to re-enter and I don't have so many holidays to allow me to wait for the visa office to release a travel document (it goes between 2 to 8 weeks according to IRCC). What can I do?
  • I feel like... my freedom is not respected 100%. I paid the PR card while I did the application for EE. I obtained the PR status but I can't move from/to Canada for something that.. it's not my fault. Can I legally do something?

Thank you

Alberta35

Jun 15, 2015
Edmonton
Submit a webform with all of your PR application documents (copies of everything you submitted for your PR app), plus include documentation/confirmation that your PR card application was delivered to the correct office/address.

I think you need to be PR card to apply for citizenship....I believe IRCC requires a copy in the application.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jurafsky

Alberta35

Jun 15, 2015
Edmonton
You don't need a PR card to apply for citizenship. You just need to maintain PR status.
Hmmm....I recall on my app they asked for a copy of the PR card - maybe that has changed. Regardless, they should submit a webform to get their actual card since that is preventing them from leaving/entering Canada.

Reactions: Jurafsky

Jurafsky

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-11-2019
AOR Received.
25-12-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Are they still reading the webforms? Because I have already written to them 3 times but I never received a reply back :(

I mean, when I call them they know what is the situation because they really told me what's going on. It's absurd that they can't talk with someone on that office just to "move some documents around". I'm pretty sure that my application has been lost or it is stuck somewhere.

santreddy

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2020
Nomination.....
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
05-12-2020
Med's Done....
11-09-2020
Passport Req..
21-07-2021
Hello,
I became a PR in June 2020. We - my partner and I, applied for PR card in July 2020. In October 2020 we receive a letter that our photo was rejected. Always in October 2020 we did again the photos and sent them back. In December my partner got his PR card. However... I am still waiting for it.

I called several times IRCC they are sending a message every time I call to the office (probably in Ottawa) that is taking care of my card. Basically they told me that the card processing never started.

In 6 months I will ask for citizenship. I have some questions for you:

• did you have the same problem? and how did you solve it?
  • do I need the PR card for citizenship or will they accept the CoPR since it's their fault?
  • right now I can't exit Canada because my CoPR won't allow me to re-enter and I don't have so many holidays to allow me to wait for the visa office to release a travel document (it goes between 2 to 8 weeks according to IRCC). What can I do?
  • I feel like... my freedom is not respected 100%. I paid the PR card while I did the application for EE. I obtained the PR status but I can't move from/to Canada for something that.. it's not my fault. Can I legally do something?

Thank you
I don't know if you have already checked on the CIC website. But found something here for you.

Here is the link..

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=720&top=4

Jurafsky

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-11-2019
AOR Received.
25-12-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2019

Alberta35

Jun 15, 2015
Edmonton
Are they still reading the webforms? Because I have already written to them 3 times but I never received a reply back :(

I mean, when I call them they know what is the situation because they really told me what's going on. It's absurd that they can't talk with someone on that office just to "move some documents around". I'm pretty sure that my application has been lost or it is stuck somewhere.
I submitted a webform in June 2021 regarding my PR renewal application that I sent in March 2021 (since I did not hear anything). My application started moving a week or two after I submitted the webform. My renewal app was approved and I received my card in mid July 2021.

markiv

Jul 31, 2019
I submitted a webform in June 2021 regarding my PR renewal application that I sent in March 2021 (since I did not hear anything). My application started moving a week or two after I submitted the webform. My renewal app was approved and I received my card in mid July 2021.
What is the app you guys are talking on PR Card approval.

Jurafsky

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-11-2019
AOR Received.
25-12-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Well, finally I found a way to have my voice heard...
The webform didn't work because they replied me that they are handling Afghanistan crisis so they can't work PR card.

However, I wrote a letter to the office where I sent the photos for my PR card, recalling them that I paid for it during December 2019, and that they are basically blocking me in Canada not sending me the final PR card - and that it is no worth telling me to go abroad and apply for a travel document because no one in Canada has 2 months of vacation and they were really interested in me as a working person to enter canada (so no I can't lose my job for this).

Result? Today my PR card has been sent.

Really, it's absurd. Anyway, if you ever find yourself in this situation just call IRCC to let them send a message for records and then try to speak / write to them directly without an IRCC call center agent.

Smm1

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Well, finally I found a way to have my voice heard...
The webform didn't work because they replied me that they are handling Afghanistan crisis so they can't work PR card.

However, I wrote a letter to the office where I sent the photos for my PR card, recalling them that I paid for it during December 2019, and that they are basically blocking me in Canada not sending me the final PR card - and that it is no worth telling me to go abroad and apply for a travel document because no one in Canada has 2 months of vacation and they were really interested in me as a working person to enter canada (so no I can't lose my job for this).

Result? Today my PR card has been sent.

Really, it's absurd. Anyway, if you ever find yourself in this situation just call IRCC to let them send a message for records and then try to speak / write to them directly without an IRCC call center agent.
Did you directly email them? Or send letter by mail?

Jurafsky

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-11-2019
AOR Received.
25-12-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Did you directly email them? Or send letter by mail?
I wrote a physical trackable letter and sent it to the office in Ottawa where my photo was requested