+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Sbs21

Aug 19, 2021
Request you to please share timeline..
My timeline is as below. Waiting for fourth line update for PR card mailed on ECAS.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 13, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 15, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 15, 2021.
Hi ..
You got the update in ECAS as we received your application ? on Oct 13 ? - If yes when did they receive the Mailed copy of your application ? Just to understand the time line gap

And in the ECAS site when we search the status - in the identifier if I use UCI ID, should I give it with "-" inbetween or just numbers ? during the searching.

Thanks !

Sania01

Oct 31, 2021
My timeline below;
Application received May 14
Processing start/DM Sep 9
Complete Dec 6
Card received Dec 13
My card took bit longer than normal processing time so I involved my MP office in Oct, after few back and forth follow up between IRCC agent and my MP office, finally done.
how you involve the local MP, you made an email to local MP or met him in person.

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
We’ve been waiting for an appointment to pickup our PR card since May 2021 (date of decision made). Does anyone know if the Etobicoke office is opened for card pickup?
Do you get any confirmation that yur pr card selected for in person pick up.. Decision made does nt indicate that you need in person pick only

Amanda2394

Feb 18, 2019
Mine was mailed out too Dec 23, but haven't received it yet. You already received yours?
Not yet... I've noticed Canada Post has not worked on both December 27 and 28 and today (Jan 3rd). Hopes up I will receive tomorrow, cause I have a trip on Wednesday

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I am a Canadian Permanent Resident and moving to the US as a US Legal Permanent Resident in Feb 2022. I appleid for Canadian citizenship on October 31 2021.

My current PR Card is valid until August 2023. However I want to apply for a new PR card to update it to my new married name (I got married in 2020). This is to prevent any issues with travel on commercial carriers.

The current processing time for a PR card is 130 days as per IRCC website. So, it is unlikely if I apply today that my PR card will arrive before I leave Canada. The form asks for your residential address and your mailing address. However the guide says that the PR card will not be mailed to a third party mailing address, and only to your residential address. So my problem is, I will not have a residential address in 130 days time. Any suggestions on how to get my PR card renewed?

@rajkamalmohanram
Not sure as I never had to renew my PR card. I suppose you can provide the address of a friend/family member in Canada for the mailing address. Maybe someone who applied for renewal recently can confirm this.

viva99

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
-
Anyone got card mailed update in this week or previous week (20-24 Dec) ?
My card was mailed on Dec 24th. Still waiting to receive it. I applied under "Urgent" category

PQPvancouver

Nov 17, 2021
After 5 weeks of decision made, if you don’t get the PR card, you should start involving your MP, otherwise there could be issue with card printing or anything else because IRCC is not good in following up with you until you push them.
I contacted my MP months ago, they couldn't even confirm if the card has gone to production (I later confirmed on a call with IRCC it has gone to production)

13 weeks since AOR, incredibly frustrating!

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
I contacted my MP months ago, they couldn't even confirm if the card has gone to production (I later confirmed on a call with IRCC it has gone to production)

13 weeks since AOR, incredibly frustrating!
How did you contact MP ? Email address or contact number ?