+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Hi
I landed in Toronto, Canada on 16th of July 2021. I got my visa through spousal sponsorship. My landing papers were signed by immigration officer who informed me that my PR card would be mailed the the provided address.
I checked online status of my application which shows application status as COMPLETE and was also updated last week with following comments:

You entered Canada at the Pearson,Lester B.,Terminal No. 1 Airport office on July 16, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident.

Just wanted to know how many days will it take for my PR card to be mailed my address since it has been about 4 months
No exact waiting period to know for sure. I landed July 3 and still waiting. Just have to pray and wait.

v2014

Dec 24, 2014
App. Filed.......
29/12/2014
Nomination.....
PER: 26/3/2015
Hi, my PR renewal status shows ''decision made'' ' but when I click on it, it shows me the progress which is still at ''we started processing your application ''.
Does anyone know what this means?
Is it complete or still in process?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi, my PR renewal status shows ''decision made'' ' but when I click on it, it shows me the progress which is still at ''we started processing your application ''.
Does anyone know what this means?
Is it complete or still in process?
When decision made appeared on your file?

Reactions: v2014
Nov 3, 2018
this is my applycation

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 9, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 9, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 9, 2021.
Some have the decision made on the same day of AOR, but some was delay , i dont know why

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Same day I received AOR, wheen I signed in , it showed desicion made, but hen i click o it, it shows in process
That wasn't helpful. When was you AOR received? If your decision made and AOR happened less than a week ago, it means your application has been approved, and your card went to production/printing. When they mail your card, they will add that in your file. If your DM was 40+ days ago, it probably means they send your card to the local office, and you need to pick it up in person when they give you an appointment. That's why I asked when you got your DM. Saying it's the same day as AOR provided no useful information to make a useful response to your case.

v2014

Dec 24, 2014
App. Filed.......
29/12/2014
Nomination.....
That wasn't helpful. When was you AOR received? If your decision made and AOR happened less than a week ago, it means your application has been approved, and your card went to production/printing. When they mail your card, they will add that in your file. If your DM was 40+ days ago, it probably means they send your card to the local office, and you need to pick it up in person when they give you an appointment. That's why I asked when you got your DM. Saying it's the same day as AOR provided no useful information to make a useful response to your case.
Oh I apologize ,I didn't understand that you were asking about the date.
I received the AOR on November 9. And when I signed in the first time, it immediately said decision made.

v2014

Dec 24, 2014
App. Filed.......
29/12/2014
Nomination.....
this is my applycation

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 9, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 9, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 9, 2021.
Some have the decision made on the same day of AOR, but some was delay , i dont know why
My time-line is almost the same as yours, but my application was received on August 13. AOR on Nov 9

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Hello friends - below is my update (RENEWAL):
  • We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 4, 2021.
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 3, 2021.
  • We started processing your application on November 3, 2021.
  • Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 8, 2021.
  • Card received by mail: November 15, 2021
Total time: 3.5 months (Post to Post)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: CaBeaver
Nov 15, 2021
I
Hello friends - below is my update:
  • We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 4, 2021.
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 3, 2021.
  • We started processing your application on November 3, 2021.
  • Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 8, 2021.
  • Card received by mail: November 15, 2021
Total time: 3.5 months (Post to Post)

Cheers!
Renewal or first PR card?

MapGia

Feb 24, 2016
My application is DM since Oct 29, no new update so far. When I click on DM status, it shows:

Approval Status Determined

Your application will be either approved or rejected. You will be informed of the decision.​

If your application is approved, you will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the IRCC office closest to you.​

If your application is rejected, you will be notified of the decision by mail.​
Does it mean that they will not mail the card directly to me? and I have to wait for a mail with instructions to pick up at the local office? It’s strange that I need to pick up the card, look like everyone else has the card mailed to them.

Last edited:

Shaikhum

Oct 6, 2021
Finally update on GCKey today with that We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 4, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 24, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 24, 2021.
No update on ecas still shows Decision Made.
Did you receive your card? Where do you live?