+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

sinimat

Mar 17, 2016
My status has been stuck in DM since July 26th, and I just got a generic answer back for my webform. Tried to call, no way of getting through. Just now I linked my application to GCKey like suggested here, and when I read the full status there, it shows you the steps ( there are multiple and most are not applicable for this type of application). A couple of things that I notice:

"Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." And
"Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

Any ideas what this might mean...? I have only been out of the country about 60 days in the past 5 years so it really shouldn't have anything to do with if I'm eligible or not.

I'm running out of ideas what to do... My current card is valid until November, does anyone know what would happen at this point if I left the country with my old PR card?
Thanks everyone

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
My status has been stuck in DM since July 26th, and I just got a generic answer back for my webform. Tried to call, no way of getting through. Just now I linked my application to GCKey like suggested here, and when I read the full status there, it shows you the steps ( there are multiple and most are not applicable for this type of application). A couple of things that I notice:

"Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." And
"Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

Any ideas what this might mean...? I have only been out of the country about 60 days in the past 5 years so it really shouldn't have anything to do with if I'm eligible or not.

I'm running out of ideas what to do... My current card is valid until November, does anyone know what would happen at this point if I left the country with my old PR card?
Thanks everyone
Just unlucky I guess. Hopefully you should get your card sooner than later.

You’re perfectly fine to leave the country with an old PR card. A PR card isn’t needed until you reenter Canada through commercial transportation.

But be mindful that getting a new PR card issued would automatically invalidate the old one

Reactions: BadGamer6

Scott_Chegg1

Jan 26, 2021
I applied in early April for my PR card renewal because the citizenship process was taking so long. My citizenship was completed on August 24th and they mailed out my PR Card on the 25th. My PR card arrived yesterday while I was at the Passport Office applying for my passport.
It's like the old bus analogy - nothing comes for ages then two arrive at the same time!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Rasha and CaBeaver

jonka5

Aug 17, 2021
My timeline, now complete and mailed. NOTE: I applied for urgent processing with letter from employer and flight eticket/itinerary for international work trip.

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 17, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 24, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on August 24, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on August 31, 2021.
Congrats! Was that the Vancouver office? Do you know the time of the day when the last sentence (#4) was posted? My situation is similar to yours and I am very anxious. Thank you and good luck!

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
PR Card Renewal: AOR
My Timeline.

Submitted my documents it on May 3rd.
Got the AOR on Sept 2nd.

122 days. is what it took me to get the AOR. Got it via email just now.

Will have to see how much longer it will take to get the actual PR Renewal done.

lostsyr

Feb 12, 2015
PR Card Renewal: AOR
My Timeline.

Submitted my documents it on May 3rd.
Got the AOR on Sept 2nd.

122 days. is what it took me to get the AOR. Got it via email just now.

Will have to see how much longer it will take to get the actual PR Renewal done.
Did they receive it on 3rd or you sent them on 3rd of May? Thanks

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Congrats! Was that the Vancouver office? Do you know the time of the day when the last sentence (#4) was posted? My situation is similar to yours and I am very anxious. Thank you and good luck!
Sydney. Renewal is all done by Sydney unless secondary review is required.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
What kind of applications usually require second review?
I have no idea on this honestly. I would guess when they have doubts about your physical presence, like significant discrepancy - that would trigger a secondary review. Or H&C based applications, or those who are not in compliance with the RO.