+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Zainyae

Aug 12, 2021
Hi!
I had applied for urgent processing for PR on July 18th
They received it on 21st and sent an AOR on the 27th.
I sent a web form inquiry asking on how long it would take and they said that my case will not be processed urgently.
Does anyone know how long it takes if they refuse to process it urgently
Any help would be appreciated.

Scott_Chegg1

Jan 26, 2021
How is it possible that a renewal of a PR Card is now at 112 days and a new application is at 44 days?

Surely a renewal should take less time as most of the person's information is already in the system.

I applied at the beginning of April when the processing time was 62 days, I still haven't been entered into the system and the processing times are now at 112 days.

There are some real inefficiencies being displayed now and COVID is taking the blame.

I am lucky that my Citizenship oath ceremony has come through in time and I won't need my PR card.

newsted83

Jun 22, 2021
Hi everyone. i applied as urgent process but i have no idea if they process it as urgent. This is my timeline.

Urgent Processing
Application Received: 3th August 2021
AOR-11th August 2021
DM: Pending
Card mailed : Pending

Last edited:

Shreenath2014

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-04-2014
Passport Req..
June 1, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 23, 2015
LANDED..........
In March 2016
Hi!
I had applied for urgent processing for PR on July 18th
They received it on 21st and sent an AOR on the 27th.
I sent a web form inquiry asking on how long it would take and they said that my case will not be processed urgently.
Does anyone know how long it takes if they refuse to process it urgently
Any help would be appreciated.

If I understand it correctly, it will go in the normal queue and normal processing time would apply.

newsted83

Jun 22, 2021
How is it possible that a renewal of a PR Card is now at 112 days and a new application is at 44 days?

Surely a renewal should take less time as most of the person's information is already in the system.

I applied at the beginning of April when the processing time was 62 days, I still haven't been entered into the system and the processing times are now at 112 days.

There are some real inefficiencies being displayed now and COVID is taking the blame.

I am lucky that my Citizenship oath ceremony has come through in time and I won't need my PR card.

I have the same thoughts but I believe since we already have the pr status, they don't consider renewals as urgent, unless you need to travel.

I am waiting for oath invitation for my citizenship. I got DM on 22nd of July but still waiting.. Everything seems completed except ceremony which it seems as "Not started'

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
If your RO is fulfilled, there should be nothing to worry about.
We have only been out of Canada for 30 days at the time we applied. My application was received on the 26th of March and on 28th June I came back home for a 2 month trip since I operate my business from here too. I also applied for PRTD from here at the end of July. Could that be the reason of this delay in my case?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
We have only been out of Canada for 30 days at the time we applied. My application was received on the 26th of March and on 28th June I came back home for a 2 month trip since I operate my business from here too. I also applied for PRTD from here at the end of July. Could that be the reason of this delay in my case?
This is my pure assumption and observation, but I think there may be some impacts. Because they opened your file after you left, it may have raised some red flag for them to make sure of your physical presence. But since you mentioned you only left for 30 days (out of 5 years I assume), this impact should be minimal.

Dec 7, 2020
Hi guys - do we have a spreadsheet for following PR cards? We sent the photos in February 2021 (upon receiving COPR letters), and haven't received PR cards until now. When we inquire through the web portal, we are told that the cards are still under processing. I understand COVID-related delays, just want to know if others are in the same boat, esepcially that the processing time for initial PR cards is indicated 44 days (as of Aug 10, 2021).

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hi guys - do we have a spreadsheet for following PR cards? We sent the photos in February 2021 (upon receiving COPR letters), and haven't received PR cards until now. When we inquire through the web portal, we are told that the cards are still under processing. I understand COVID-related delays, just want to know if others are in the same boat, esepcially that the processing time for initial PR cards is indicated 44 days (as of Aug 10, 2021).
There isn't one. I'm getting some understandings of the new PR card processing now. I think who are being delayed are those before the virtual landing portal was introduced, and those who have used the new portal has minimal delays. If they said it's under processing, there's nothing much you can do beside waiting.