N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Hey guys!

It's been a VERY long time since I was last on these forums. Just thought I'd share my PR card renewal timeline. I was a bit worried, and this thread helped me get a feel for what I could expect. So here it goes:

Application received at Sydney, Nova Scotia by UPS: April 14, 2021
AOR
received by email: August 11, 2021 (Status: In Process)
Decision Made: September 8, 2021
Complete
: September 10, 2021 (It says they have sent out the card by mail)

I was a bit worried because I had big absences, but was within my RO requirements (I had an ~ 40 day buffer). After getting my PR in Feb of 2016, I went back to the US and spent 996 days there, before returning to Canada on Dec. 31, 2018.

After that, during my subsequent 2 years, I also went back to the US several times, once staying for over 30 days and another time for around 20 days. But in the end, it appears to have gone well. So, it should give some hope to those who are in a similar situation to mine!

Last edited:

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Hey guys!

It's been a VERY long time since I was last on these forums. Just thought I'd share my PR card renewal timeline. I was a bit worried, and this thread helped me get a feel for what I could expect. So here it goes:

AOR
Complete

I was a bit worried because I had big absences, but was within my RO requirements (I had an ~ 40 day buffer). After getting my PR in Feb of 2016, I went back to the US and spent 996 days there, before returning to Canada on Dec. 31, 2018.

After that, during my subsequent 2 years, I also went back to the US several times, once staying for over 30 days and another time for around 20 days. But in the end, it appears to have gone well. So, it should give some hope to those who are in a similar situation to mine!
No wonder they sent the card to you!

At IRCC, when they check your physical presence, they look at where you’re now, and if in Canada, for how long you’ve stayed there. Your case clearly demonstrates that you needed to do some stuff in the US, then you moved and settled in Canada with some occasional trips to the US.

The opposite situation would raise the red flag: you lived in Canada, say for 3 years, THEN you moved to the US and lived there for 1.5 years. So when IRCC checks your physical presence, they will realize that you’re most probably not committed to stay in Canada, even though you have 1-year margin (at the time when you signed and sent the application) for your physical presence. This is the case when your card will be sent to a local office and will be held there for some time (more than a year for some people) for you to think about your future and your commitments…

Last edited:

Hopestar

Sep 11, 2021
Hey guys!

AOR
Complete

Hi, thanks for sharing your timeline for PR renewal application. Happy to see that all went well with having only a 40 day buffer and still be within your RO requirements.
Did you have to send copies of pages of stamped dates in your passport to support your document of travel dates outside Canada in your application?

Kiinngg Farakh Gujjar

Apr 25, 2012
Permanent Resident Card Renewal
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 13, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 13, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 13, 2021.

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Mine took about 5 weeks from Decision Made to Complete (with the card in the mail).

I am out patience now :-(

When I was logging in to check the status.. it was marked Decision Made. It stayed there for a while.

Today it's showing nothing. Not able to retrieve any information. Just like how it was before I got the AOR. It's not picking up my expired PR card number like it used to.

When I checked the website for more information this is what I found:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=030&top=3

Why can’t I see my application status in the Client Application Status tool?

We removed your application from the tool
After we make a decision, we eventually remove your application from the CAS tool. The length of time depends on the type of application.

• Permanent resident applications: 180 days after you arrive in Canada
  • Permanent resident card applications: 30 days after you get your card
  • Citizenship applications: 180 days after we make a decision
  • Visa applications: 365 days after you were refused, you withdrew or your application expired

After DM how do I know if mine was completed or was rejected etc?

This is all so frustrating..

Anybody else the same situation.. how long does it typically take from Decision Made to finally getting the PR renewed card in your mail?
Update!
Hey Guys! Got my new renewed PR Card in mail today! Finally on Sept 13th 2021.

One key thing is that after DM .. they removed my application from the ECAS tool and I was not able to see any updates there.
I just got the new one today!

Reactions: bluesami

jimso101

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Below are my timelines for PR Card Renewal (3 applications in one package ),
  • Renewal Application Sent: 17th April 2021
  • Renewal Application Received: 20th April 2021 (Based on Canada Post Tracking)
  • Confirmation of PR Card renewal application (AOR) for all the three applicants: 19th August 2021
  • Decision Made (DM): 26th August 2021
  • Received 2 PR cards in the mailbox on 31st August 2021
  • Final PR card status changed to complete from DM - 7th Sep 2021
  • Final PR Card received today - 13th Sep 2021
Thank you for all the help and I hope everyone gets their PR card soon. Best Wishes.

Reactions: bluesami

Invisibleguy

Oct 22, 2020
Hello all,
I submitted photo and address on portal and received COPR from online portal on 30th June, 2021. I did not received my PR card yet. I am getting married in november and travelling next month to backhome country. How long does it takes as current timeline and Is there any way to expediate the process?
@legalfalcon

Thankyou in advance

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Hi, thanks for sharing your timeline for PR renewal application. Happy to see that all went well with having only a 40 day buffer and still be within your RO requirements.
Did you have to send copies of pages of stamped dates in your passport to support your document of travel dates outside Canada in your application?
Thanks. No, I did not have to send anything extra at all. It was just the regular, normal application process.

Remya86

Jan 3, 2017
We had sent our application package for PR Card replacement (first card never received) (myself,spouse and 2 kids). 4 application in a single package. It was received at Sydney office on April 30th. My spouse got AOR on August 30 However didn't receive AOR for myself and my kids. Calling them or webform is not helping at all. Not sure what we need to do next. :-( Should we send new application for all three of us? Could anyone please suggest.