+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

hope20201978

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks , I tried all options in the GClink to add link nothing shown up - lets see
I m having same problem . by the way if you didn’t receive AOR you won’t be able to link your application . and IRCC they’re not Rotating application as the date they receive them . They just pick randomly and start processing what ever in their way . Mine delivered in March and I call them and they told me ohhh we still working on February....

fkbanday

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
Thanks
I’ve replied above (you’ll find dates there), nothing for me yet but my brother’s application says decision made on ECAS.

sent both at the same time
Thank you please do share when you or your brother gets any update also you and him and can try registering on MyCiC account and link your application for more real-time updates.

EricD

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
One tip for those who cannot link first PR card application in CIC account:
Fill in the City/Town of Birth as what you filled when you filled the questionnaire after ITA, not what is written on your COPR.
That is what IRCC tech team replied to me after I failed so many times and finally got successful after following their instructions.

Reactions: Bloodrose

zeekie

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Thanks

Thank you please do share when you or your brother gets any update also you and him and can try registering on MyCiC account and link your application for more real-time updates.
Of course! I did try linking him on my account but it never worked. Do you think if I made him his own account it would help?

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I wouldn't worry about that, as you can see from this thread some people who applied in March already received their PR Cards and the people who applied in April are expecting that they'll start getting them from this month.

I say this because I sent a webform last Friday and two days ago they responded with the same February bleh, they've been saying that for 4 months so probably just a standard response at this point.
That is definitely not the case - in general terms. I would say that they just haven't updated the standard answer.

fonteynb

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
Second this, remember that you’re waiting AT LEAST a year before citizenship is granted and you want to be able to pursue opportunities and travel with ease in that time.
I'm moving to BC from ON and you need a valid (non expired) PR Card to be able to apply for BC id, which includes drivers licenses.
You have to apply for the BC id within 90 days of moving.

My PR card expires end of September. I was hoping to have moved before that, but it didn't work out.
Now with the PR card delay, I will have trouble to get registered in BC since I only applied recently for the renewal.
I wanted to get the new address before doing the application, so since that didn't work out, I applied from the old address, and hope all works out to get the PR card on the new address within the limit of time in BC.

zeekie

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
That is definitely not the case - in general terms. I would say that they just haven't updated the standard answer.
I agree with you, that they haven’t updated the standard answer, but I kinda get the feeling that they’re probably getting close to normal processing times (starting July) given what I’ve read here.

Now it’s just a case of getting through huge backlogs so that’s why they’re sticking the standard answer without saying anything else.

Definitely exceptions to this though, like there might be people waiting from March still. Think I read somewhere here that they do pick applications at random so that probably plays a part.

zeekie

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
I'm moving to BC from ON and you need a valid (non expired) PR Card to be able to apply for BC id, which includes drivers licenses.
You have to apply for the BC id within 90 days of moving.

My PR card expires end of September. I was hoping to have moved before that, but it didn't work out.
Now with the PR card delay, I will have trouble to get registered in BC since I only applied recently for the renewal.
I wanted to get the new address before doing the application, so since that didn't work out, I applied from the old address, and hope all works out to get the PR card on the new address within the limit of time in BC.
I just read up on that, not familiar with inter-provincial moves but that really sucks, very strict on their part :/

It might help to call the ICBC helpline and explain the situation to them? The processing time for an application time has been at 164 days for a while now and that’s down to the pandemic so it’s out of your control, but I know how they stick to their rules so this’ll be tough.

When did you apply? If you hadn’t applied yet I would've suggested sending an urgent application explaining your situation in a letter of explanation, usually these applications have to do with leaving the country for some reason or another, but I think your case could apply because it's basically a fresh start and the rules on ICBC's are quite clear so you could reference them in the letter. Not sure what your options are at this point though.

phresh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22/07/2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
9/10/2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
29/04/2015
Med's Done....
5/05/2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
7/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/07/2015
LANDED..........
8/12/2015
I just discovered this thread, I am applying for citizenship and PR renewal at the same time. sent both applications on June 22, no AOR yet. is there a google doc link?

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Hi,

Any idea whats the actual average processing time for PR Card renewals these days ?
On the CIC website its says 165 days for processing of renewals.

raptora

Oct 22, 2018
they received my application for the card on March 20, "Submitted" on April 16 and hasn't changed status since :/
anyone else with a similar timeline..?

fkbanday

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
Wishing everyone luck for their PR cards (new and renewals). Hoping that the long wait we all are in comes to a positive end with the end of long weekend and we all hear some good news starting tomorrow