+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

AJ JIPP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
If we want to change our address, and if we’ve not received an AOR yet, which way is the best way to change our address? Because there is an online form in the website to change the address, but it specifically says, “use this online service if you have an application in process”. So, my problem is, my application is not processed yet(no AOR). Can I still use that? Or I should use the webform to let them know?
Like I stated in my previous post, it doesn't hut to call and validate that the information with IRCC regarding, phone numbers, email addresses, & mailing/home addresses are correct. That way you are rest assured that your cards will come your way when the application gets attended to.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Like I stated in my previous post, it doesn't hut to call and validate that the information with IRCC regarding, phone numbers, email addresses, & mailing/home addresses are correct. That way you are rest assured that your cards will come your way when the application gets attended to.
I’ll do that tomorrow. Thanks for your reply.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hello, I submitted my application on October 28, 2020. No AOR yet. I have a mailing address and an email address tied to my initial application of 5 yrs ago in their system. I'm worried since I've heard some people got their cards in their obsolete mailing addresses tied to their old initial application. Is it possible that they've sent the AOR to the obsolete email address in my account? do they send the AOR email to the email address I wrote on application form when submitted, or the email address in their system since 5yrs ago which has not been changed since then?

AJ JIPP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
Hello, I submitted my application on October 28, 2020. No AOR yet. I have a mailing address and an email address tied to my initial application of 5 yrs ago in their system. I'm worried since I've heard some people got their cards in their obsolete mailing addresses tied to their old initial application. Is it possible that they've sent the AOR to the obsolete email address in my account? do they send the AOR email to the email address I wrote on application form when submitted, or the email address in their system since 5yrs ago which has not been changed since then?
The email address on the application.

Reactions: RJ2020

sunny soni

Oct 7, 2019
Hello Members

I received AOR in December second week and there is no update after that. They said that they are processing my application. My application received in October first week. I am still not able to find my application on CIC login to link it.

Please advise.

faty82

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Hello Members

I received AOR in December second week and there is no update after that. They said that they are processing my application. My application received in October first week. I am still not able to find my application on CIC login to link it.

Please advise.
when did you send your package?

Perry Remy

Dec 2, 2020
They should send your card to your home address that you wrote in your application form. They also mentioned in the website that they don’t mail PR cards to third party addresses(mailing address).I’ve only seen one case like this here. However, that case is still unclear for me. So, don’t worry. Did you use the webform to change your address? What did you choose for “type of application/Enquiry”? Change of contact information?
yes

Perry Remy

Dec 2, 2020
They are not that quick, it takes a decade for them to take next steps dnt worry. They also have a phone # to call (search IRCC web page). Btw, when did you first sent your package? and when did they first emailed you that they rcvd package and started working on it?
i sent my initial package on Oct. 24th. it took them me about 2 months to change the status

faty82

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
wait and see if they will email you after Christmas holidays or by the second week of Jan. Most probably they will.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hello Members

Please advise.
You can't link your application on CIC page?

Go to this IRCC Secure Account page :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

if you already have an online account, Sign in via "sign in partner" or GC Key. If you don't have one, register and just create an account. When you're logged in, you find a link on that page:

"Did you apply on paper or don't see your online application in your account? Link your application to your account to access it and check your status online. "

Click on "Link your application to your account". Then, you must choose the Category of your application, (Which is Permanent resident Card in our case). You can use either your "family name and UCI" to find an application, or "your application number and UCI" etc. You should enter other info like DOB and Place of birth as well. Just keep in mind, you should type exactly the same as what is written on your landing paper (without even a small difference, like comma or space. Just copy it). Then, click on search button. Keep in mind, if you choose "family name and UCI option", and punch them in, you would find all your PR applications you have in CIC, and the system asks your permission to link them to your account. If you choose the application number and UCI option, you would find an specific application ( if they have it in their system). For instance, yesterday, I used UCI and family name, and the system found one application for me and asked my permission to link it to my account. I didn't give the permission, since I've not got an AOR yet, and my PR renewal application has not been processed yet. So, I'm pretty sure it's my initial PR card application since 5 yrs ago.

If you already have a processed application in CIC, you would find your application in your IRCC Secure Account page.

sunny soni

Oct 7, 2019
You can't link your application on CIC page?

Go to this IRCC Secure Account page :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

if you already have an online account, Sign in via "sign in partner" or GC Key. If you don't have one, register and just create an account. When you're logged in, you find a link on that page:

"Did you apply on paper or don't see your online application in your account? Link your application to your account to access it and check your status online. "

Click on "Link your application to your account". Then, you must choose the Category of your application, (Which is Permanent resident Card in our case). You can use either your "family name and UCI" to find an application, or "your application number and UCI" etc. You should enter other info like DOB and Place of birth as well. Just keep in mind, you should type exactly the same as what is written on your landing paper (without even a small difference, like comma or space. Just copy it). Then, click on search button. Keep in mind, if you choose "family name and UCI option", and punch them in, you would find all your PR applications you have in CIC, and the system asks your permission to link them to your account. If you choose the application number and UCI option, you would find an specific application ( if they have it in their system). For instance, yesterday, I used UCI and family name, and the system found one application for me and asked my permission to link it to my account. I didn't give the permission, since I've not got an AOR yet, and my PR renewal application has not been processed yet. So, I'm pretty sure it's my initial PR card application since 5 yrs ago.

If you already have a processed application in CIC, you would find your application in your IRCC Secure Account page.
Hi

I have tried every instance but after searching 5 times, I have to wait for 24 hrs for again to search. I know thats just due to security concerns.

But still I am not able to find my application.

Regards

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hi

I have tried every instance but after searching 5 times, I have to wait for 24 hrs for again to search. I know thats just due to security concerns.

But still I am not able to find my application.

Regards
Just call them and let them know that you’ve not been able to link your app since December 15. They’re closed today tho. Try calling them tomorrow.

Perry Remy

Dec 2, 2020
Sent Package on Oct. 5
Received on Oct. 13
AOR Dec. 9
In process Dec 9

After this nothing updated. My number of presence days are more that 3 years.

Should I wait for now or should I contact them ?

Please reply.
i sent the package on Oct.16th
received on Oct 26th
AOR Dec. 23rd
inprocess Dec.23rd

i think you got your AOR within the time frame of other members experiences. They recorded as well that they receive an email of sending their cards within 10-15 days of their AOR acknowledgement. of course each case is different so i think there is no harm from reaching out to them to double check. Also consider the holidays & lock down may affect the processing time. BTW what is your application status showing on IRCC website.