+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card never received, Travelling in 2 weeks - help please

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Situation:
My dad became a pr and arrived here on Aug 2, 2011.
He has purchased a ticket to travel back home on Nov 9, 2011 to close down his business.

However, we have not received the pr card and when we called a month ago they said it was coming.
We went to the Local CIC Office today and they said there's something wrong with the picture and told us to call the call centre.

We did and they told us to apply for a travel document.

However, the travel document guide indicates a residency requirement but I'm not sure if my dad qualifies.

Please help.

I wanted to submit another PR Application but we have to pay for it which doesn't make sense because for new PR, it was included in fee.
The local cic office just said we're mailing you a letter about the picture but I don't know when this is coming.

I am afraid that if he leaves without his PR Card he will not be allowed to return because he does not meet residency requirement.

Thanks very much.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vonster said:
Situation:
My dad became a pr and arrived here on Aug 2, 2011.
He has purchased a ticket to travel back home on Nov 9, 2011 to close down his business.

However, we have not received the pr card and when we called a month ago they said it was coming.
We went to the Local CIC Office today and they said there's something wrong with the picture and told us to call the call centre.

We did and they told us to apply for a travel document.

However, the travel document guide indicates a residency requirement but I'm not sure if my dad qualifies.

Please help.

I wanted to submit another PR Application but we have to pay for it which doesn't make sense because for new PR, it was included in fee.
The local cic office just said we're mailing you a letter about the picture but I don't know when this is coming.

I am afraid that if he leaves without his PR Card he will not be allowed to return because he does not meet residency requirement.

Thanks very much.
1. The residency requirement is 2 years residence in every 5 years. So obviously your dad is fine.
2. He applies at the office responsible for where he will be the instructions for obtaining a TD are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp
3. Since you didn't tell us what country, you will have to check the office web site for their processing times.

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Thank You PMM
the country is Indonesia and for Travel Documents, I assume he needs to apply to Jakarta Visa OFfice based on the list.

Also I wanted to make sure that the Travel Document is not something that he could be denied for.
Because he does has his record of landing.

Also what do you suggest we do in the meantime he waits for the PR Card?
Apply again before he leaves? but then we have to pay for another application.

Thanks.

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
ok so now i'm really worried. From this sentence taken from the travel document application, it seems that my dad will not qualify for a travel document at all.

"Note: if your grand total is less than 730 days and you've been a PR for less than 5 yrs, you may wish to answer the following question if it is apparent that you will not meet the residency obligation.

Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds:
If the visa officer determines that you do not meet the residency obligation, are there humanitarian and compassionate considerations that would justify the retention of your pr status?"

There is no humanitarian and compassionate grounds that apply to my dad.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vonster said:
ok so now i'm really worried. From this sentence taken from the travel document application, it seems that my dad will not qualify for a travel document at all.

"Note: if your grand total is less than 730 days and you've been a PR for less than 5 yrs, you may wish to answer the following question if it is apparent that you will not meet the residency obligation.

If the visa officer determines that you do not meet the residency obligation, are there humanitarian and compassionate considerations that would justify the retention of your pr status?"

He only became a PR in Aug/11 he has until Aug/16 to have 730 days in Canada. So he will have no problems getting a TD.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
vonster said:

Having just landed in August of 2011, your dad could not possibly have met or not met with 730 day rule. It does not apply in your dad's situation. He will be able to attain a travel document, as PMM said, based on proof that he is a very recent new PR and that he is traveling before the PR card has arrived.