+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card never Received. Apply for new card from Outside Canada

kArun1

Apr 15, 2021
We soft landed and the gave a friends address to receive the PR Card. Both mine and my wife's card were not received by anyone as my friend was travelling to India urgently right around the same time the PR Card was supposed to have been delivered.

I would like to know if I can apply for a new card from India itself or would I need to land in Canada again and then apply?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We soft landed and the gave a friends address to receive the PR Card. Both mine and my wife's card were not received by anyone as my friend was travelling to India urgently right around the same time the PR Card was supposed to have been delivered.

I would like to know if I can apply for a new card from India itself or would I need to land in Canada again and then apply?
You need to get PR Travel document from India before you could come to Canada to apply the PR card. One cannot apply PR card from outside Canada.

kArun1

Apr 15, 2021
Thanks. So I guess there is no way for me to complete the application from India itself.
I however have a US b1/b2 visa. What are my chances of getting in to Canada via land border using this visa and the applying for the PR Card.Are the chances high of getting denied entry. Is it best I apply for a PTRD first and then get into Canada.
Meanwhile, can I apply for the solemn declaration that I never received my PR Card from India or is it something I need to do from Canada as well?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks. So I guess there is no way for me to complete the application from India itself.
I however have a US b1/b2 visa. What are my chances of getting in to Canada via land border using this visa and the applying for the PR Card.Are the chances high of getting denied entry. Is it best I apply for a PTRD first and then get into Canada.
Meanwhile, can I apply for the solemn declaration that I never received my PR Card from India or is it something I need to do from Canada as well?
You WILL be admitted to Canada. But: when did you do your first landing / are you in compliance with the residency obligation?

Because exactly what happens depends on that.

If in compliance, you can also apply for PRTD with no issues.

Reactions: kArun1

kArun1

Apr 15, 2021
I landed on September 2022 so well within compliance. PTRD just seemed like an unnecessary hassle is all. Since it's more than 180 days from my soft landing, I believe I need to apply for a PR Card and give a solemn declaration. Can I do that in parallel or do I need to wait for an acknowledgement that they received my declaration before I can apply for my PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I landed on September 2022 so well within compliance. PTRD just seemed like an unnecessary hassle is all. Since it's more than 180 days from my soft landing, I believe I need to apply for a PR Card and give a solemn declaration. Can I do that in parallel or do I need to wait for an acknowledgement that they received my declaration before I can apply for my PR.
Did you ever report that the PR card was not received? That needs to be done asap since IDs can be stolen to use for fraudulent purposes. Once you report the PR card lost you can tackle other applications at your own pace.

Reactions: kArun1

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015

17 months and no PR card? Well, you had ample time to rectify this.

kArun1

Apr 15, 2021
17 months and no PR card? Well, you had ample time to rectify this.

I was under no position to comeback as there was a market down turn and huge layoffs in the tech industry and I had a baby on the way.
We are passed that and I want to be able to get an SIN to apply for jobs.
My only question is how long would the application process look like?
Can I come to Canada and apply for a PR Card or do I need to do a solemn declaration first, wait for an acknowledgement and then apply for a PR card?