+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card mailed on Feb 21. Still not received!!

jaideuxchats

Jan 7, 2017
Hi all,

First it was the SIN number. Unlike 99% of the people, I was not able to get it from Service Canada on the spot, had to file a paper application, and wait for it in the mail (it arrived 4 weeks later).

Now, it is the PR Card. CIC told me that they sent the card on Feb 21st. However, it still has not been received at my Toronto address (my friend's address, to be precise). Canada Post states that its delivery standard is 4 business days. Is there a chance the card might still arrive? Or should I prepare for the worst?

thanks

neelita07

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June '14
Nomination.....
October '14
AOR Received.
December '14
Hi, did you receive the PR card?
How long you stayed during the first visit? Did the immigration officer ask you how long you are gonna stay and what did you reply?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
jaideuxchats said:
Hi all,

First it was the SIN number. Unlike 99% of the people, I was not able to get it from Service Canada on the spot, had to file a paper application, and wait for it in the mail (it arrived 4 weeks later).

Now, it is the PR Card. CIC told me that they sent the card on Feb 21st. However, it still has not been received at my Toronto address (my friend's address, to be precise). Canada Post states that its delivery standard is 4 business days. Is there a chance the card might still arrive? Or should I prepare for the worst?

thanks
hi, i'd recommend filling out a "solemn declaration" form and send it to IRCC. if it was mailed back to them for some reason, they will resend it out to you. my card never arrived, and when i submitted the declaration form, i got it in 2 weeks. IRCC may not do anything until 6 weeks pass after it being mailed. at least get the process started.

jaideuxchats

Jan 7, 2017
Nope.

I could not wait any longer. So I called them again yesterday. Guess what I was told! The card was returned to their card processing office because apparently there was something wrong with the address. I was pretty sure that the address was correct (correct in the sense that the address CIC had was exactly the same as the one I had been given by the friend). I requested a change of address and asked them to re-send it to that address.

I stayed for about 1 week. I was not asked about my intended length of stay.

neelita07 said:
Hi, did you receive the PR card?
How long you stayed during the first visit? Did the immigration officer ask you how long you are gonna stay and what did you reply?

jaideuxchats

Jan 7, 2017
So, I called yesterday and was told that the card had just been returned to their card processing office. Apparently, there was something wrong with the address. I have no idea what might have gone wrong. I verified again and again with the agent on the phone, and the address they had was indeed correct (correct in the sense that it is exactly the same as the one I have).

This is the apartment address of a friend in Toronto (or specifically, a friend's brother). I never lived there, and my SIN number was sent (and received) at another address (a business forwarding address of mine). Out of curiosity, I just tried to check the Toronto address at Canada Post's website (I wish I had known this before):

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/personal/postalcode/fpc.jsf

I was able to find my friend's address (including apartment number and road number) on that website by using the postal code . HOWEVER, there was a slight difference. While the address given by my friend had Toronto listed as the city. The address shown on Canada Post's site gives North York as the city. Now of course, North York is in Toronto. Could this slight difference cause the letter to be returned by Canada Post? That would be strange, as this would mean he is having problems with all his mail??

I really don't know.

Anyway, while on the phone with the agent yesterday, I told her to change my address (to a business forwarding address I have) and have the card re-sent to that address (that address checks out on Canada Post's website). Hopefully it should work this time.

CDNPR2014 said:
hi, i'd recommend filling out a "solemn declaration" form and send it to IRCC. if it was mailed back to them for some reason, they will resend it out to you. my card never arrived, and when i submitted the declaration form, i got it in 2 weeks. IRCC may not do anything until 6 weeks pass after it being mailed. at least get the process started.

neelita07

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June '14
Nomination.....
October '14
AOR Received.
December '14
jaideuxchats said:
Nope.

I could not wait any longer. So I called them again yesterday. Guess what I was told! The card was returned to their card processing office because apparently there was something wrong with the address. I was pretty sure that the address was correct (correct in the sense that the address CIC had was exactly the same as the one I had been given by the friend). I requested a change of address and asked them to re-send it to that address.

I stayed for about 1 week. I was not asked about my intended length of stay.
Thanks for replying. Hope everything goes fine this time and you get your PR card, how do you plan to collect it? By courier? Please update us when you receive it properly.

I am also doing short landing in April, so just checking what can come up. Would you please mind sharing what was the issue with SIN? I heard people get it on the same day but for you, it took 4 weeks.

jaideuxchats

Jan 7, 2017
Once the card (hopefully) arrives at my forwarding address, I will arrange to have it couriered to me. Yes, I will update this thread when the card actually arrives in my own hands. I am still mad at the fact that the original letter was returned. In my previous post, I wondered whether it was because of the city being listed as Toronto (instead of the more specific North York). I have since found that this can't possibly be the reason. So, I am as mystified. I just hope that that person did not intentionally reject my letter, as I still want to preserve some faith in humanity.

As to the SIN number, just refer to this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landed-but-still-cant-get-sin-number-t420170.0.html

The problem was caused by the landing officer forgetting to properly submit your information in the computer system. You only get to find out when you are at Service Canada requesting SIN. It's very rare. I guess I was just so very lucky!

neelita07 said:
Thanks for replying. Hope everything goes fine this time and you get your PR card, how do you plan to collect it? By courier? Please update us when you receive it properly.

I am also doing short landing in April, so just checking what can come up. Would you please mind sharing what was the issue with SIN? I heard people get it on the same day but for you, it took 4 weeks.

neelita07

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June '14
Nomination.....
October '14
AOR Received.
December '14
jaideuxchats said:
Once the card (hopefully) arrives at my forwarding address, I will arrange to have it couriered to me. Yes, I will update this thread when the card actually arrives in my own hands. I am still mad at the fact that the original letter was returned. In my previous post, I wondered whether it was because of the city being listed as Toronto (instead of the more specific North York). I have since found that this can't possibly be the reason. So, I am as mystified. I just hope that that person did not intentionally reject my letter, as I still want to preserve some faith in humanity.

As to the SIN number, just refer to this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landed-but-still-cant-get-sin-number-t420170.0.html

The problem was caused by the landing officer forgetting to properly submit your information in the computer system. You only get to find out when you are at Service Canada requesting SIN. It's very rare. I guess I was just so very lucky!
Thanks for sharing. Hope you get PR card soon. Please keep us posted.

amit6488

Mar 15, 2017
I would suggest to wait for some more time. I arrived in March 2016 and finally received my PR card by mail in the Month of June 2016. It takes some time. They are very fast in doing things over the counter but pretty slow when it comes to mailing out the documents.

yankabatkay

Jan 16, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-02-2016
Hello everyone.

We've made a short landing in the beginning of February 2017 providing my friend's address. A couple of days before she received 3 envelopes with PR card, but we are 4. My elder daughter PR card is missing. Is that a normal workflow to send the family's cards separately or I need to do something?

Thank you for your suggestions.

kakmam1

Feb 14, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016 (Schedule A) Provided on 07-02-2016
Nomination.....
02-02-2016 (SINP)
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Already submitted with post ITA application
Med's Request
Already submitted with post ITA application
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
I have called CIC yesterday (17 Mar) just now for checking whether information has been updated against my file regarding whether photos has been received and the update against my PR Card. CIC said photo received has been updated against the file on yesterday (17 Mar) and the card is in production. When can I expect my PR card.. any idea...Please suggest

neelita07

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June '14
Nomination.....
October '14
AOR Received.
December '14
jaideuxchats said:
I want to update this thread: ich received my card today by courier. It arrived at my new Canadian address last Thursday.
Congrats on getting the card. May I know which courier service you have used and which country you reside now? some people say its risky to courier your PR card.
And while providing someone's address is there any way by which I can be sure I am providing correct mailing address?

jaideuxchats

Jan 7, 2017
I used DHL and I live in Singapore. I did hear people say that it's risky to do this, but I didn't encounter any problems. Obviously, the person shouldn't declare that they are sending an identity document. But even then, I'm not sure it would be problematic.

I have no idea what to do with providing the correct mailing address. There was an enclosed information sheet that came with the card, and my original Toronto address was printed on it. The address is 100% correct. So I have to conclude that my card did arrive at the original address, but that someone at that address put it in the "Return to Sender" box, for whatever reasons.

neelita07 said:
Congrats on getting the card. May I know which courier service you have used and which country you reside now? some people say its risky to courier your PR card.
And while providing someone's address is there any way by which I can be sure I am providing correct mailing address?

neelita07

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June '14
Nomination.....
October '14
AOR Received.
December '14
jaideuxchats said:
I used DHL and I live in Singapore. I did hear people say that it's risky to do this, but I didn't encounter any problems. Obviously, the person shouldn't declare that they are sending an identity document. But even then, I'm not sure it would be problematic.

I have no idea what to do with providing the correct mailing address. There was an enclosed information sheet that came with the card, and my original Toronto address was printed on it. The address is 100% correct. So I have to conclude that my card did arrive at the original address, but that someone at that address put it in the "Return to Sender" box, for whatever reasons.
Thanks so much for reply. Gives me hope about doing the same. :)