Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014
Hello,

I'm writing this for a friend with whom I'm supposed to be traveling outside of Canada on May 11, 2017.

She applied for a replacement PR card because she initially lost hers, and according to CIC's online application status portal, the PR card was mailed on February 26, 2017. My friend moved from her suite in mid-Feburary and setup mail forwarding via Canada Post so the PR card won't be returned. It has been about 4 weeks now and there is no sign of the PR card. I believe generally PR card should arrive within this timeframe if it wasn't lost, is that safe to assume at this point?

She has tried contacting Canada Post and they told her that they don't redirect federal mail. She has been in touch with her former building manager who says it hasn't arrived in the mail (her building manager has forwarded another piece of mail to her during the past few weeks so it seems like she's been diligent). CIC is telling her she needs to wait six weeks before they will do anything.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? We have booked our flights/hotel and now my friend is anxious she won't be able to leave if this doesn't get sorted in time.

What are your suggestions for what can be done to stay on top of this ordeal?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
lithium002 said:
Hello,

I'm writing this for a friend with whom I'm supposed to be traveling outside of Canada on May 11, 2017.

She applied for a replacement PR card because she initially lost hers, and according to CIC's online application status portal, the PR card was mailed on February 26, 2017. My friend moved from her suite in mid-Feburary and setup mail forwarding via Canada Post so the PR card won't be returned. It has been about 4 weeks now and there is no sign of the PR card. I believe generally PR card should arrive within this timeframe if it wasn't lost, is that safe to assume at this point?

She has tried contacting Canada Post and they told her that they don't redirect federal mail. She has been in touch with her former building manager who says it hasn't arrived in the mail (her building manager has forwarded another piece of mail to her during the past few weeks so it seems like she's been diligent). CIC is telling her she needs to wait six weeks before they will do anything.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? We have booked our flights/hotel and now my friend is anxious she won't be able to leave if this doesn't get sorted in time.

What are your suggestions for what can be done to stay on top of this ordeal?
Usually on mails from CIC, it mentions "Do not Forward".

lithium002

Nov 11, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/07/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/22/2013
AOR Received.
Mar/19/2013
Med's Request
Dec/01/2013
Med's Done....
Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014
Does this mean it gets returned back to CIC then?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
lithium002 said:
Does this mean it gets returned back to CIC then?
more than likely, yes and it's really not that big of a deal if it was. this happened to me, and it only took 2 weeks to receive my PR card after i inquired about it being missing. she needs to fill out a "solemn declaration" form, report it as lost and provide an updated address. If it was sent back to them, they will mail it to her new address. if it wasn't, they will start the process for a new one. as you already noted, they may not start doing anything to help until 6 weeks have passed since it was mailed to her.

If she leaves canada before it can be sent back to her, then she can either a) have it mailed to someone in canada who she trusts to send it to her where she is travelling, or b) leave canada for her trip and apply for a PR Travel Document so she can return without issue.

Note, if your friend is a US citizen, then she doesn't need the PR Card to travel back to canada by air; only her passport and landing document (COPR) are needed.

ccolscorpion

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Hi CDNPR2014..I have the same issue ..renewal card was never received and mail redirect was in place and I m assuming card was sent back to IRCC even though I updated my address with them over the phone but they still mailed it to old address.
Can you please share your time line when you notified them about the card being missing and the entire process with time frame.

Thanks a lot.

kishorsankaran

Nov 16, 2016
Chennai, India
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
Nomination.....
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
11-03-2017
Med's Done....
05-05-2017
Passport Req..
15-06-2017
Hello All,

I am Kishor. I had a small query related to PR card being mailed. I had received my COPR and passport with visa stamped last week. But it is valid only upto Jan. I am skeptical if I may get a job before that. So my friend suggested that I just come to Toronto for 2-3 days next month and complete the formalities and go back to India. I can stay at his place for those days [visit Niagara of course :) ] and I will give their address as my address and I can get the PR card [which comes in 45 days] delivered it to his place.

My question is " Do we have to physically be present to get the PR card? Can it be couriered to friend's place and we get it from him once he lands India?" Kindly confirm so that I can plan my journey accordingly. Thanks a ton in advance.

kpsingh2424

Oct 20, 2016
Hello All,

I am Kishor. I had a small query related to PR card being mailed. I had received my COPR and passport with visa stamped last week. But it is valid only upto Jan. I am skeptical if I may get a job before that. So my friend suggested that I just come to Toronto for 2-3 days next month and complete the formalities and go back to India. I can stay at his place for those days [visit Niagara of course :) ] and I will give their address as my address and I can get the PR card [which comes in 45 days] delivered it to his place.

My question is " Do we have to physically be present to get the PR card? Can it be couriered to friend's place and we get it from him once he lands India?" Kindly confirm so that I can plan my journey accordingly. Thanks a ton in advance.
The PR card is mailed to an address and not physically collected. ur plan is what many ppl follow. however I have also read that it is risky to send the PR cards by courier. Since you will need that card the next time u enter canada. But ppl do this- it is very common... wait for more expert advises though :) Congratulations btw :p

lithium002

Nov 11, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/07/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/22/2013
AOR Received.
Mar/19/2013
Med's Request
Dec/01/2013
Med's Done....
Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014
Thanks for going off topic on this thread guys. Kudos! lol

To update, my friend filled out the solemn declaration form right when 6 weeks were done after her PR card was mailed, and sent it to CIC. They were able to mail her a new PR card right away and she got it in the mail within a week, only five days before we were about to travel lol..

Hope this is useful for anyone in the future looking for an answer.

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016
Thanks for going off topic on this thread guys. Kudos! lol

To update, my friend filled out the solemn declaration form right when 6 weeks were done after her PR card was mailed, and sent it to CIC. They were able to mail her a new PR card right away and she got it in the mail within a week, only five days before we were about to travel lol..

Hope this is useful for anyone in the future looking for an answer.