+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD issue qorax and other seniors please

at9459

May 30, 2009
I received a letter on 23feb 2011 that my daughter has to attend CIC office within 180 days of issue of the letter for rephotograph or other info.ie 17 Aug 2011
Now second notice says it has to be within 180 days from date of landing[21dec2010] ie 17 June 2011
What is the exact rule?
Because my daughter is preparing for her exams in July2011 it will not be possible for her to go to Canada before she finishes her exams ie end of July2011.
Please advise what should be my plan of action?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I saw from other posts that if you fail to attend within 180 days of issue, you will just have to pay again (about $50) for a new PR card.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
at9459 said:
I received a letter on 23feb 2011 that my daughter has to attend CIC office within 180 days of issue of the letter for rephotograph or other info.ie 17 Aug 2011
Now second notice says it has to be within 180 days from date of landing[21dec2010] ie 17 June 2011
What is the exact rule?
Because my daughter is preparing for her exams in July2011 it will not be possible for her to go to Canada before she finishes her exams ie end of July2011.
Please advise what should be my plan of action?
It should be 180 days from the date of the letter... but, as the 2nd one is sent by CIC as well, it replaces their previous one for sure.

Nonetheless, as steaky rightly opined, relax - let the child complete her exams et all - then fetch a PRTD from the local CHC for her to reEnter Canada - once here, apply for her fresh PRC, it just costs $50.

Qorax

at9459

May 30, 2009
Thanks everyone.
Does that mean that they will not revoke the permanent resident status of my daughter but will not issue the PR Card till I apply again which can be one year also? So it seems that there is no cause of immediate worry.
Am I right? Please give valuable suggestions.

S

shibuya

AT9459,
you can take a deep breath and relax on this issue. No need to rush back .

at9459

May 30, 2009
should I write to the CIC and request for extention of date?
Will this help and do they extend the date?

medhansh12345

Feb 5, 2011
Hi,

I landed on March 14th 2011 with family and received PR Cards only for my wife and Kid and My PR Card is not yet received.
I am just wondering why they didn’t send any information about my PR Card? What could be the problem with my PR Card? Is it problem with Photo requirements? Even in that case I should be getting some letter regarding the photo requirements not matching?

I am currently in USA and is it possible to get a travel document incase I need to travel to Canada again for my PR Card issue?

Please let me know what are my options now?

Appreciate your help.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
medhansh12345 said:
Hi,

I landed on March 14th 2011 with family and received PR Cards only for my wife and Kid and My PR Card is not yet received.
I am just wondering why they didn't send any information about my PR Card? What could be the problem with my PR Card? Is it problem with Photo requirements? Even in that case I should be getting some letter regarding the photo requirements not matching?

I am currently in USA and is it possible to get a travel document incase I need to travel to Canada again for my PR Card issue?

Please let me know what are my options now?

Appreciate your help.
1. It takes 4-8 weeks to get the PRCs... yes, u r much delayed.
2. From the US u don't require a travel doc to enter Canada, by rd, by car.

Qorax

at9459

May 30, 2009
qorax said:
1. It takes 4-8 weeks to get the PRCs... yes, u r much delayed.
2. From the US u don't require a travel doc to enter Canada, by rd, by car.

Qorax
If we enter through USA with Indian Pass port by road by own car then we donot need TD, is that right?
does it depend on the officer concerned to allow entry without PR card?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
at9459 said:
If we enter through USA with Indian Pass port by road by own car then we donot need TD, is that right?
does it depend on the officer concerned to allow entry without PR card?
As long as u possess the COPR, u r free to enter Canada.
The nationality of pps aren't a concern in any case.

Qorax