+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card - first time -Processing Timeline 2021- Montreal office

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
Mine dont show any expiry date on the profile. The only thing about expiring is on COPR that “this letter in valid for one year”. So I’d say just follow the date on COPR
Ideally it should show expiry date along with the documents, is it just me or no one has any expiry date mentioned for their COPR on the cic profile. I am concerned because when clicking on the '?' it states that after the expiry date I cant use this document to stay or enter in Canada (generic statement but it is giving me chills now, FYI the expiry date for my COPRs mentioned on my cic profile is 16 June 2021)

jad123

Jun 15, 2021
Hello,
I received my COPR on the 17th of march, sent my photos
i linked it to my CIC, it got updated on the 24th of march.
And still waiting.
Weirdly i can only check my statys on CIC my account but not on www.canada.ca
Is that normal?

Bacrs

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
This is very disheartening seems like the tunnel never ends ugh. We plan to move provinces in the summer and I rather not deal with address changing processes

Reactions: dof13

Johan Rodrigo

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Any news guys? I’m waiting since March 22nd
Were u able to link your pr card application? Because I couldnt and have no idea whats going on… when I call I get all the time wait till the 135 days finish then call us, u still within the normal time, first pr card applications are not possible to link, linking is only for people who are renewing their cards….

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Were u able to link your pr card application? Because I couldnt and have no idea whats going on… when I call I get all the time wait till the 135 days finish then call us, u still within the normal time, first pr card applications are not possible to link, linking is only for people who are renewing their cards….
Yes, mine is linked but forever in processing

LiB14

Jun 22, 2021
hey Johan, I was having problems linking mine too, and then I found out that the field where we have put the city I had to put city/state. Example "Montreal/QC" instead of only "Montreal", don't know if could be the same situation but hope this can helps you.

Johan Rodrigo

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
hey Johan, I was having problems linking mine too, and then I found out that the field where we have put the city I had to put city/state. Example "Montreal/QC" instead of only "Montreal", don't know if could be the same situation but hope this can helps you.
Thank you.. The problem is, in my country we don't have states or any kind of that, we only have name of city/town and thats exactly whats written on my passport(city only). I even tried to write a city, Country but did not work either. I called ircc asking for information or whatever data is written in my pr, so I can write the same when Im linking the pr card application, but they just insist that there is no way I could link first pr card application. To be honest I got to the point where they implied im lying….so frustrated and confused. It’s just one thing after another…it took me year and half to get my copr in a program supposed to take no more than 6 months and now i have to deal with this waiting sh****t again.

LiB14

Jun 22, 2021
Thank you.. The problem is, in my country we don't have states or any kind of that, we only have name of city/town and thats exactly whats written on my passport(city only). I even tried to write a city, Country but did not work either. I called ircc asking for information or whatever data is written in my pr, so I can write the same when Im linking the pr card application, but they just insist that there is no way I could link first pr card application. To be honest I got to the point where they implied im lying….so frustrated and confused. It’s just one thing after another…it took me year and half to get my copr in a program supposed to take no more than 6 months and now i have to deal with this waiting sh****t again.
oh also, did you try something like "Montreal/" with the "/" don't know if they merge 2 fields in one and then if the second is empty they still save with this additional "/" ...

but yeah, if this doesn't work sorry about that! :(
I have some friends that couldn't link it, too. They got the PR card already. It also took time but everything went well. Soon you will have yours too. Covid is making this process slower, but I am sure soon we will get it... just being positive :)

Reactions: Johan Rodrigo

LiB14

Jun 22, 2021
actually, I just checked my application status and now it is saying "submitted" do you guys know what this means? if I click to view more details it is just saying that "we are processing your application". Before it was showing status "processing"