+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card Expired - want to invite sister to visit Canada

Mahreesha

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Hi All,
Already post this query in other forum .Champion member “BlueTruck” helped me just want other’s opinion as per their experience.

I am a Canadian Permanent Resident and living in Canada. Right now I am inviting my sister to apply for her visitor visa by sending her an invitation letter. I understand that I need to show proof of my permanent resident status. However, my PR card has expired ; can I use IMM 5292 , the confirmation of permanent residence as a proof? If not, what other documents may I use other than a photocopy of my PR card?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi All,
Already post this query in other forum .Champion member “BlueTruck” helped me just want other’s opinion as per their experience.

I am a Canadian Permanent Resident and living in Canada. Right now I am inviting my sister to apply for her visitor visa by sending her an invitation letter. I understand that I need to show proof of my permanent resident status. However, my PR card has expired ; can I use IMM 5292 , the confirmation of permanent residence as a proof? If not, what other documents may I use other than a photocopy of my PR card?
Your PR status continues to remain valid even though your PR card has expired. There's no need to prove your PR status per se for her TRV application.

Your sister can include a copy of your expired PR card + any of the other suggestions given by @Buletruck

Mahreesha

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Your PR status continues to remain valid even though your PR card has expired. There's no need to prove your PR status per se for her TRV application.

Your sister can include a copy of your expired PR card + any of the other suggestions given by @Buletruck
Thank I am satisfied after reading your and BlueTruck comments .
Thanks a lot to both of you Bryanna, @Buletruck