+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card expired - unable to check online status

Lolote

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SO my PR card expired a couple days ago and Im still waiting for a new one. However, now when I check my online status, it says that they couldn't find me based on my info.. Does my PR card expiring cause a problem with my online status?

Tayara

Feb 1, 2013
When did you apply for the renewal of your card?
An expired card will not affect your E-cas status, however, please take into your consideration that the processing time for renewal of a PR card is currently 162 days.

Lolote

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tayara said:
When did you apply for the renewal of your card?
An expired card will not affect your E-cas status, however, please take into your consideration that the processing time for renewal of a PR card is currently 162 days.
I applied for citizenship back in February. Everything was looking good on ecas until today when I checked. Last time I checked was probably friday or saturday and it was working fine. My PR card expired between the last time I checked my citizenship status and now. So Im not sure if thats even related or not. I applied late for a new PR card too late so now i don't have one which is OK as Im not traveling anytime soon...

mham

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check using ur I'd number or by citizenship receipt number

Lolote

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
THANK YOU!!!!! I had not thought about that and was anxious about it and was gonna try and call them in the morning but searching with my client ID number worked... I guess my PR card expiring means it was removed from the system or something and they couldn't find me using it... thank you :) phewwwww now i feel better :)

mham said:
Check using ur I'd number or by citizenship receipt number