+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Expired. For Express Entry again, do I have to renounce PR first?

mavdev

Jan 1, 2017
Hi All, I have a question that I am not able to find a reliable answer to. Do you know of a similar case as follows or know where I can ask?

I had canadian PR earlier (through my family) but I only lived in Canada for a few days in total. My Canadian PR card got expired in June 2014.

I want to apply through the Express entry again. My question is.... Can I apply again as a fresh applicant or do I have to renounce my old expired PR card first?

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
"You may not be able to enter Canada until your permanent resident status is resolved either by receiving a permanent resident travel document or by voluntarily giving up your permanent resident status."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp

agentsophy

Apr 26, 2017
Hi, I have the same question as you and the exact same issue. I have submitted my PR card renounciation documents and still waiting to hear from the embassy in Abu Dhabi (they're super slow!). My suggestion is give up your PR status and re-apply through EE. That's what I'm planning to do as well, I was recommended to do this via this forum and others who have gone through the same issue. May I know where you're currently residing?

DanzKurt

Jul 23, 2018
Hello Agentsophy,

Were you successful with the Express entry process after renouncing your old pr status?

Thanks