+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card delivery

jay_0044

Dec 25, 2009
Friends:

I completed landing formalities successfully.
I was told that it would take 4-6 weeks to get the PR card. I have provided my friend's address for the PR card delivery.
Question is how can my friend send me the PR card? Is Fedex okay OR some one can hand deliver to me. Any other alternatives? Please advice.

Thanks,
Jay

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i read on the forum that you are not allowed to mail it but people do it all the time.
Someone can bring it to you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rupeshhari said:
i read on the forum that you are not allowed to mail it but people do it all the time.
Someone can bring it to you.
There are no restrictions on mail/courier of the PR card out of Canada.

PMM

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Dear Jay,

It is 'illegal' to send the PR card/s overseas thru post/courier. That's the reason if we inform the IO at the POE that we shall be leaving soon, he'll 'not accept' the PR cards Application forms; and ask us to file it later upon re-entry.

Morover, if they are 'lost in transit', we'll have no recourse to re-enter and/or reapply for it being overseas. Even if we try to re-enter vide the usual process of obtaining a 'temporary' "PRTD-A31 (3)" [PR Travel Document] at the local CHC, that might also be denied as the system would show that we are already holding a PR Card. (off course we can still say that it was lost in this country & produce a Police FIR, yet that'd be quite some hassle, right?)

However, many do so as well, ie. it is regularly done by many new immigrants. But there is a 'risk' that we must be aware of. Said that, if u could hold on some more time at Canada, try obtaining the cards & then move out. If u cannot, then ensure that it is send by a 'most reliable' courier ONLY. Yes, Fedex, DHL, TNT etc are suggsted ones. Or better still, let a friend/relative personally bring-it to u abroad.

Hope that helps.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
qorax said:
Dear Jay,

It is 'illegal' to send the PR card/s overseas thru post/courier. That's the reason if we inform the IO at the POE that we shall be leaving soon, he'll 'not accept' the PR cards Application forms; and ask us to file it later upon re-entry.

Morover, if they are 'lost in transit', we'll have no recourse to re-enter and/or reapply for it being overseas. Even if we try to re-enter vide the usual process of obtaining a 'temporary' "PRTD-A31 (3)" [PR Travel Document] at the local CHC, that might also be denied as the system would show that we are already holding a PR Card. (off course we can still say that it was lost in this country & produce a Police FIR, yet that'd be quite some hassle, right?)

However, many do so as well, ie. it is regularly done by many new immigrants. But there is a 'risk' that we must be aware of. Said that, if u could hold on some more time at Canada, try obtaining the cards & then move out. If u cannot, then ensure that it is send by a 'most reliable' courier ONLY. Yes, Fedex, DHL, TNT etc are suggsted ones. Or better still, let a friend/relative personally bring-it to u abroad.

Hope that helps.
Is it illegal to send by courier/post? I know there is the risk but just sending it illegal. I have sent passport by courier and post before but it was not Canadian passport and in fact had nothing to do with Canada. Is it a Canadian specific rule?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
PMM said:
Hi

There are no restrictions on mail/courier of the PR card out of Canada.

PMM
Thanks.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
jay_0044 said:
Friends:

I completed landing formalities successfully.
I was told that it would take 4-6 weeks to get the PR card. I have provided my friend's address for the PR card delivery.
Question is how can my friend send me the PR card? Is Fedex okay OR some one can hand deliver to me. Any other alternatives? Please advice.

Thanks,
Jay
hi Jay

there you go my 5 cents... have you ever considered the eventuallity that for any reason of the destiny and quality purposes they could call and ask for you to pick the PR in person?

just thinking on murphy's law....

and of course you are good to go using carriers. well you went through a big project, it is time to overseen the best and worst scenarios.

good luck

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
[quote author=rupeshhari.msg196148#msg196148 date=1262723090]
Is it illegal to send by courier/post? I know there is the risk but just sending it illegal. I have sent passport by courier and post before but it was not Canadian passport and in fact had nothing to do with Canada. Is it a Canadian specific rule?[/quote]

Dear Rupesh,

Sorry for my previous post. For sure I'm not that aware of the process as you seniors are. However, I opined based on the info that I got thru various sites. Here's one of those...

Mailing of PR Cards Overseas:

We have received information from CIC which indicates:

CIC will not mail cards overseas nor will they assist anyone, including a lawyer, to mail a card outside Canada. This is an in-Canada process and CIC discourages mailing cards overseas.

Settlement.Org Content Coordinator, CIRS

Deep regards.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

qorax said:
Dear Rupesh,

Sorry for my previous post. For sure I'm not that aware of the process as you seniors are. However, I opined based on the info that I got thru various sites. Here's one of those...

CIC will not mail cards overseas nor will they assist anyone, including a lawyer, to mail a card outside Canada. This is an in-Canada process and CIC discourages mailing cards overseas.

Deep regards.
1. Note it says CIC won't assist, they will only send PR Cards to Canadian address.
2. Either I can't read English, but no where does it say it that it is illegal to send PR cards out of Canada

PMM

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I am not aware of the rules too....all from these great forums...actually this great forum

qorax said:
Dear Rupesh,

Deep regards.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
[quote author=PMM.msg196221#msg196221 date=1262730708]
Hi

1. Note it says CIC won't assist, they will only send PR Cards to Canadian address.
2. Either I can't read English, but no where does it say it that it is illegal to send PR cards out of Canada

PMM[/quote]

U must be right, PMM.
I already said I regretted my post. Plz ignore my write-up.

Thanx.
Qorax.