+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card delivery.. Important

vanraj

Sep 11, 2011
wanted to know whether PR cards nowdays are they delivered at the address or u have to personally go n collect from the office. The problem is that i have to infants, n we cannot stay there for more than a month. hence we have given our family friends address.
Plz tell me if u have to personally collect or what it is?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

PR Cards will arrive on your mail box delivered by Canada Post, in the given address on COPR or the address gave to the officer while landing. If you plan to leave Canada before arrival of PR Cards you can arrange with your friend to send it to you by courier.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Initial PR cards are sent by regular mail, while renewals are to be collect in person.

Why is it that you have infants that you cannot stay for more than one month? ???

However for initial PR cards, if there are problems with the photo specifications, the applicant must collect the cards in person.

vanraj

Sep 11, 2011
thanx all.
there are 2 infants, n if i am out to work, it will be difficult for my wife to manage them. thats the reason. believe me its not easy to handle twins.
Also i read somewhere that when u land n the immigration oficer checks the photo. If he feels its not proper if takes it there n then. Correct me if i am wrong. Also carrying photos do u think its a gd idea? The photos have to be visa specified na? Plz let me know

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
vanraj said:
thanx all.
there are 2 infants, n if i am out to work, it will be difficult for my wife to manage them. thats the reason. believe me its not easy to handle twins.
Also i read somewhere that when u land n the immigration oficer checks the photo. If he feels its not proper if takes it there n then. Correct me if i am wrong. Also carrying photos do u think its a gd idea? The photos have to be visa specified na? Plz let me know
Don't worry about photos. The photos you submitted for COPR will be used for PR cards. If they were good enough for COPR, they will be good enough for PR cards, too.

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
vanraj said:
wanted to know whether PR cards nowdays are they delivered at the address or u have to personally go n collect from the office. The problem is that i have to infants, n we cannot stay there for more than a month. hence we have given our family friends address.
Plz tell me if u have to personally collect or what it is?
pr cards are delivered through mail atthe provided address

rslcanada

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd) Ecas In Process 28-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-04-2010
Med's Request
04-10-2010 received in mail
Med's Done....
09-10(Oct)-2010 @ CT,USA
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 30'11; PP sent June 9/ rcvd by CIC June 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 20 & DM/received PP June 28, 2011
LANDED..........
August 7, 2011 via Winnipeg, MB stayed for 2wks & be back on July 2012
vanraj said:
thanx all.
congrats for having twins :)

I stayed in Canada for 2wks then came back to US again. Im still waiting for my PR cards & gave my friend's address in Canada & once arrive she will send it via express mail ( I already bought prepaid express envelope fr Canada post before I left Canada so that she will not spend shipping fee of my PR card anymore).
its been 2mos since my landing so hopefully within October she will receive my PR card & send to me asap.

re Photos, im crossing my fingers that there will be no problem with our photos. If I didnt receive the PR card this October I will try to contact the center if theres any problem w/ my pics.

RSL

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi rslcanada,

Yes I hope your friend should get your cards this month. Call Center can tell you about the status if not received by end of this month.

shah0207

May 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
AOR Received.
NO
I have a plan to stay month or less then that in Canada, I want to know is it legal if some one send my PR card to KSA .

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
shah0207 said:
I have a plan to stay month or less then that in Canada, I want to know is it legal if some one send my PR card to KSA .
Yes. U can ask anybody (friend, relative) to send you courier to KSA. Though, keeping in view importance of document, it is highly recommended to arrange hand delivery but courier option is always available

JhonSmith

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
asyousuf said:
Yes. U can ask anybody (friend, relative) to send you courier to KSA. Though, keeping in view importance of document, it is highly recommended to arrange hand delivery but courier option is always available
Nice bro !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jhon Smith ;D

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shah0207 said:
No problem at all. Better by courier or through any known person by-hand. Never ask to send by post because Saudi Post is worst according to my experience.

rslcanada

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd) Ecas In Process 28-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-04-2010
Med's Request
04-10-2010 received in mail
Med's Done....
09-10(Oct)-2010 @ CT,USA
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 30'11; PP sent June 9/ rcvd by CIC June 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 20 & DM/received PP June 28, 2011
LANDED..........
August 7, 2011 via Winnipeg, MB stayed for 2wks & be back on July 2012
wilson said:
Hi rslcanada,

Yes I hope your friend should get your cards this month. Call Center can tell you about the status if not received by end of this month.
thanks Wilson....if you dont mind, can I have the Call Center No. for PR card info..... planning to call them next wk.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rslcanada said:
thanks Wilson....if you dont mind, can I have the Call Center No. for PR card info..... planning to call them next wk.
Hi rslCanada.

Call Center from Outside Canada

It is possible to reach the CIC call centre from outside Canada via Foreign Affairs Canada:

+1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)

Call Centre telephone number from Inside Canada : 1-888-242‑2100

* Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)

* Call Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays.