+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Delay and Travel Confliction

Roko-2020

Jul 27, 2020
Hello, I applied to renew my daughters, who are underage, PR and sent all the documentation on April 19th and it was received at the processing center on April 21st. Since then I have not received any updates at all. The processing time has been extended continuously from originally being 90 days. One of them is turning 18 at the end of this month and thus her PR card expires very soon. We are meant to travel to Canada in the next week so it will be valid then, but will there be a problem in the near future when it expires, because we have been waiting for the renewal of the PR cards for a while now. Is it fine that it will be expired while she is in the country but we have the paper work showing that it was sent to the processing center and we are just waiting for the cards now?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, I applied to renew my daughters, who are underage, PR and sent all the documentation on April 19th and it was received at the processing center on April 21st. Since then I have not received any updates at all. The processing time has been extended continuously from originally being 90 days. One of them is turning 18 at the end of this month and thus her PR card expires very soon. We are meant to travel to Canada in the next week so it will be valid then, but will there be a problem in the near future when it expires, because we have been waiting for the renewal of the PR cards for a while now. Is it fine that it will be expired while she is in the country but we have the paper work showing that it was sent to the processing center and we are just waiting for the cards now?
For the most part while in Canada your daughters will not need the PR card.

Did you apply for the renewal of the card from outside Canada?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
No we didn't. We sent documentation from inside Canada.
I wonder - speculation without details here - whether any combination of your residency obligation and leaving while the PR card is in process has delayed their consideration.

But at any rate: return before the current cards have expired and then deal with it. As noted, unless some specific issue, your daughters hsould be fine with the expired cards in Canada, they are still legal residents, etc.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
I wonder - speculation without details here - whether any combination of your residency obligation and leaving while the PR card is in process has delayed their consideration.
They are just way behind. There is another thread with PR renewal applications with over 110 days with no news whatsoever.