+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card approval notification

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Hi guys,

I landed recently and applied for PR card at the airport immigration. But I told the officer that I will mention the card delivery address later.

When people say their card application was approved, did you get some notification for that or did you have the PR card application linked to the CIC site and got notification from there like the PR application?

Also will they start processing my PR card application only after I provide them an address because I didn't give them an address during landing?

Thanks.

Lucky_Reno

Jan 25, 2017
Anyone knows?
They will process the application after you landed based on the current address on your file now.
But you need to change the address before the PR approved and mailed out.
The address update process may take 2 - 4 weeks according to CIC call agent .

I suggest you to update the address ASAP.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
To notify us of your address, please use either:
  • The IRCC Web form and choose Change of Address located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry, including the following information:
    • Your last name and first name,
    • Your client identification (ID) number (if available),
    • Your date of
    • birth,
    • Your home address, and
    • Your email address
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

OR

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=coanotify

Once we receive your current mailing address, the responsible office will gladly update it and will then issue your PR card.

If you leave Canada before you obtain your PR card, and you:

• Return by private vehicle:
    • you can present documents proving your PR status,
  • Return by commercial vehicle (airplane, bus, train, or boat):

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
They will process the application after you landed based on the current address on your file now.
But you need to change the address before the PR approved and mailed out.
The address update process may take 2 - 4 weeks according to CIC call agent .

I suggest you to update the address ASAP.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
To notify us of your address, please use either:
  • The IRCC Web form and choose Change of Address located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry, including the following information:
    • Your last name and first name,
    • Your client identification (ID) number (if available),
    • Your date of
    • birth,
    • Your home address, and
    • Your email address
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

OR

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=coanotify

Once we receive your current mailing address, the responsible office will gladly update it and will then issue your PR card.

If you leave Canada before you obtain your PR card, and you:

• Return by private vehicle:
    • you can present documents proving your PR status,
  • Return by commercial vehicle (airplane, bus, train, or boat):
Thanks for your reply. I am getting this error when trying to use the online services to update the address:
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided.
There could be three possible reasons:

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

I used the UCI number and other info from my CoPR. What am I doing wrong?

Lucky_Reno

Jan 25, 2017
Thanks for your reply. I am getting this error when trying to use the online services to update the address:
I used the UCI number and other info from my CoPR. What am I doing wrong?
Use the IRCC webform to rasie a Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) to inform CIC the updated address,and after 3-4 weeks, send another CSE to follow up the update.
Since it ususally take 10 business days for CIC to read the CSE, and another 10 business days to update your address on their system.

Reactions: Baahubali

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
We didn't give an address on landing either and still got emails about 6 weeks later saying our photos weren't good enough, so they must have started on them anyway.

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Use the IRCC webform to rasie a Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) to inform CIC the updated address,and after 3-4 weeks, send another CSE to follow up the update.
Since it ususally take 10 business days for CIC to read the CSE, and another 10 business days to update your address on their system.
I see. So the PR card processing times will still be the same I believe since card delivery part comes later anyways. Hope the PR card processing and address update procedure takes place parallely.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see. So the PR card processing times will still be the same I believe since card delivery part comes later anyways. Hope the PR card processing and address update procedure takes place parallely.
Just to reassure you, you are PR with or without the card. So you don't need to worry too much about the card, unless you are planning to flight out and to Canada in the near future.

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Just to reassure you, you are PR with or without the card. So you don't need to worry too much about the card, unless you are planning to flight out and to Canada in the near future.
That's why the concern is :) I am flying out in a week and have made paid arrangements for card receival.