+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Application From USA

casiopiabiswas

Nov 13, 2017
Hi All,

I became a permanent resident this January but the immigration officer didn't allow me to apply for my PR card. This was because I did not have any permanent address there in Canada then and also, my visit to Canada was short.

Is it possible for me to apply for PR card from the States? Also, there's a section "Travel History" in which we have to mention all our out-of-the-country (Canada) travel details. Will it be a problem if I mention that I am in the States right now?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi All,

I became a permanent resident this January but the immigration officer didn't allow me to apply for my PR card. This was because I did not have any permanent address there in Canada then and also, my visit to Canada was short.

Is it possible for me to apply for PR card from the States? Also, there's a section "Travel History" in which we have to mention all our out-of-the-country (Canada) travel details. Will it be a problem if I mention that I am in the States right now?
1 You should have been given a fax form to fill out from the CBSA officer to send when you had a Canadian address. You have 6 months to update IRCC with a Canadian address before you have to apply for a new Pr card, You can not apply with a US address,

Reactions: casiopiabiswas

rgula

Jan 10, 2018
Hi All,

I am in the same situation,i did my landing yesterday and the officer didn't do the PR cards part. I am not able to find much information on what to do to get the PR cards issued? Please let me know if you know anything else.