+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applications from NDVO/INDIA.....lets connect here...

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
Hey guys I got a few queries:

I got the PPR email last night from IRCC CPCO requesting 2 photos and a form (appendix B in the email) alongside my passport.

It also mentioned that I need to send this information to High Commission of Canada in Singapore (I'm based in India)

Now my questions are:

a) Do I need to send photos and details in the form of my spouse as well? She won't be accompanying me to Canada

b) Should I be sending all these documents to Singapore or should they be going to my local VO in Delhi? If it matters, my application was processed by Ottawa VO

c) What is a prepaid way bill? Do I just mention this to FedEx or UPS guys and they'll take care of it? Needless to say, I do not want my passport being carried in regular mail (not to mention that it'll take forever that way)

Apologies for all the questions but this (I presume) is the last step and I surely don't want to screw anything up

Thanks for your help!

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hshringi said:

I got the PPR email last night from IRCC CPCO requesting 2 photos and a form (appendix B in the email) alongside my passport.

It also mentioned that I need to send this information to High Commission of Canada in Singapore (I'm based in India)

Now my questions are:

a) Do I need to send photos and details in the form of my spouse as well? She won't be accompanying me to Canada-- If she was one of the applicant then she needs her visa stamped as well

b) Should I be sending all these documents to Singapore or should they be going to my local VO in Delhi? If it matters, my application was processed by Ottawa VO-- Didn't you select New Delhi as visa office while submitting application?In my opinion,you may request to change the visa office to New Delhi by raising CSE(not sure how much time they may take, so in parallel you can call on call center)

c) What is a prepaid way bill? Do I just mention this to FedEx or UPS guys and they'll take care of it? Needless to say, I do not want my passport being carried in regular mail (not to mention that it'll take forever that way) -- These are kind of sending postal tickets along with your application so that they can use these to mail you back. You should contact nearest fedex to get more details.

Apologies for all the questions but this (I presume) is the last step and I surely don't want to screw anything up

Thanks for your help!

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
kamy said:
a) Do I need to send photos and details in the form of my spouse as well? She won't be accompanying me to Canada-- If she was one of the applicant then she needs her visa stamped as well

b) Should I be sending all these documents to Singapore or should they be going to my local VO in Delhi? If it matters, my application was processed by Ottawa VO-- Didn't you select New Delhi as visa office while submitting application?In my opinion,you may request to change the visa office to New Delhi by raising CSE(not sure how much time they may take, so in parallel you can call on call center)

c) What is a prepaid way bill? Do I just mention this to FedEx or UPS guys and they'll take care of it? Needless to say, I do not want my passport being carried in regular mail (not to mention that it'll take forever that way) -- These are kind of sending postal tickets along with your application so that they can use these to mail you back. You should contact nearest fedex to get more details.
a) My wife won't be traveling with me so I'm pretty sure they won't stamp her passport as the PR application was just for me

b) I don't recall ever having to select a VO - that said, I do know a lot of Indians have got their applications processed by Ottawa VO (to spread the work load of NDVO I presume). However this still doesn't explain why I was asked to send my documents to Singapore instead of NDVO.

I have already sent a mail to Ottawa folks but they don't respond for weeks (generally) while MyCIC still hasn't been updated with this info so I can't raise a CSE through there either. I will call CIC Call Center tonight for clarification though - not sure, how much they'll help me however

c) Thanks! Will speak to FedEx folks shortly then

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hshringi said:

Now my questions are:

a) Do I need to send photos and details in the form of my spouse as well? She won't be accompanying me to Canada

No, IMO.

b) Should I be sending all these documents to Singapore or should they be going to my local VO in Delhi? If it matters, my application was processed by Ottawa VO

Where are you currently residing now? If you are residing in India, you cannot send your PP out of country. Please confirm your visa office with them. If the VO is different from the country of residence, you have to get this changed and then send the PP to the VO in your country.

c) What is a prepaid way bill? Do I just mention this to FedEx or UPS guys and they'll take care of it? Needless to say, I do not want my passport being carried in regular mail (not to mention that it'll take forever that way)

I believe these are the instructions for people sending PP to Ottawa. If you are not in the Canada or US, you have to send a note and get your visa office changed.

Thanks for your help!

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Where are you currently residing now? If you are residing in India, you cannot send your PP out of country. Please confirm your visa office with them. If the VO is different from the country of residence, you have to get this changed and then send the PP to the VO in your country.
Thank you for your reply! Your information sounds much more concrete (and logical) than what I thought

I am indeed residing in India. What email/number do I reach out to in order to change my VO?

sumitahuja86

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,

Need an advise from you all...
AOR: 18th June, FSW Outland, Current Status(As per last GCMS notes generated on 19th Sep, 2016): Eligibility MET(R10 OK and A11.2 MET), Criminality Passed, Medicals Passed, Security Not Started .
Now my passport is expiring next year in July, and as per CIC guidelines passport need to atleast 6 months valid at the time of stamping. So as a precaution I am thinking of renewing my passport now and then will update CIC about the change so as to avoid any unnecessary delays at the time of PPR.

I am currently in India and thinking of getting my passport renewed via Tatkal option, as I have to travel outside India for few days. Could anyone in this group share their experience about getting passport through Tatkal option and could you please elaborate the process and the necessary documentation needed before booking the appointment.

Best~~
Sumit

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hshringi said:
Thank you for your reply! Your information sounds much more concrete (and logical) than what I thought

I am indeed residing in India. What email/number do I reach out to in order to change my VO?
You can raise a CSE using the below link -

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sumitahuja86 said:
Hello Friends,

Need an advise from you all...
AOR: 18th June, FSW Outland, Current Status(As per last GCMS notes generated on 19th Sep, 2016): Eligibility MET(R10 OK and A11.2 MET), Criminality Passed, Medicals Passed, Security Not Started .
Now my passport is expiring next year in July, and as per CIC guidelines passport need to atleast 6 months valid at the time of stamping. So as a precaution I am thinking of renewing my passport now and then will update CIC about the change so as to avoid any unnecessary delays at the time of PPR.

I am currently in India and thinking of getting my passport renewed via Tatkal option, as I have to travel outside India for few days. Could anyone in this group share their experience about getting passport through Tatkal option and could you please elaborate the process and the necessary documentation needed before booking the appointment.

Best~~
Sumit
You can use this link to see what documents you would need -

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/docAdvisor/attachmentAdvFresh

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
You can raise a CSE using the below link -

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Thank you - gave you a rep as well :)

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bumping up!!

Wish you all the very best for those waiting!!

raksawap

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi fellow NDVO applicants.

Got my PPR this morning around 9:00 IST.

They had updated my Background from 'not required' to 'in progress' on saturday morning. n after exactly 48 hours i received another email in a 'Request Letter format', not with the usual subject line 'Ready for Visa / Pret pour Visa'.

Its pretty unusual they did this on monday morning.

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
raksawap said:

They had updated my Background from 'not required' to 'in progress' on saturday morning. n after exactly 48 hours i received another email in a 'Request Letter format', not with the usual subject line 'Ready for Visa / Pret pour Visa'.

wow congrats !!!

Nov 12, 2016
Hi All,

We have recently received ITA. Working on documents.
Can Somebody please guide about Proof of funds.
My husband is primary applicant.
Am I eligible to show funds in my account(FD etc) (Secondary applicant/ Spouse)
Or we need to have all funds on primary applicants' name.
Please share if you guys have any templates for proof of funds from bank.

Many Thanks!!

shwetasagar

Star Member
Dec 6, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2016
Doc's Request.
20-10-2016
Nomination.....
28-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
Passport Req..
31-01-2017
shailja_jindal said:
Hi All,

We have recently received ITA. Working on documents.
Can Somebody please guide about Proof of funds.
My husband is primary applicant.
Am I eligible to show funds in my account(FD etc) (Secondary applicant/ Spouse)
Or we need to have all funds on primary applicants' name.
Please share if you guys have any templates for proof of funds from bank.

Many Thanks!!
Hi,

If u r secondary/accompanying dependent u can also show the proof of funds. Proof of funds can be in the form of FDs, mutual funds, bank account statements, liquid money meaning easy to withdraw at the time needed. u need to get bank stamps on the statements, FDs, watever u r showing just for the sanity of it.

Regards,
Shweta

destiny2016

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Canada
raksawap said:

Super news. Congrats!