+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application + TRV multiple entry

Ali.Ayyach

Jun 8, 2015
Hi everyone,

Hope someone can help,

I applied for a PR application from outside canada 4 months ago, and a month ago i applied for a visitor visa to visit my wife while processing my PR application (since it takes time) and i was granted a 4 years multiple entry visa.

1- is it possible to transfer my application from the country where i applied, to the visa office in canada and continue processing it there while im in the country?

2- what happens if i went to canada as a visitor and while im there my pr application got approved? Will i be able to stay there? Or i need to go back to the country where i applied for it? Or any other country and go back to canada?

Apprecite your help guys,

Thank you so much,
Ali

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
No, you cannot transfer it to Canada.

If you are approved, you don't need to return to your home country, but at some point they will request your passport and some countries do not permit their passports to cross international borders by mail.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
did you have to do anything special to get a multiple entry? we just applied for a TRV for my husband to visit with me in Canada...would sure be nice if we didn't have to go through the process over and over again...although I will be very grateful if he even gets the TRV because last year he was refused (before we applied for PRV)....hopefully now that we've applied for PRV they will feel more comfortable granting him a TRV (he will stay and work in UAE while his application is being processed and I'm here with him while we wait

C.

Ali.Ayyach

Jun 8, 2015
truesmile said:
but at some point they will request your passport and some countries do not permit their passports to cross international borders by mail.
Thank you for ur reply dear, but im not sure if i can get this part, what do u mean cross borders by mail?

Ali.Ayyach

Jun 8, 2015
chilkootcee said:
did you have to do anything special to get a multiple entry? we just applied for a TRV for my husband to visit with me in Canada...would sure be nice if we didn't have to go through the process over and over again...although I will be very grateful if he even gets the TRV because last year he was refused (before we applied for PRV)....hopefully now that we've applied for PRV they will feel more comfortable granting him a TRV (he will stay and work in UAE while his application is being processed and I'm here with him while we wait

C.
Nothing special dear, just applied for a 2 months vacation to visit my wife and her family without mentioning or requesting any type of visa.

I believe they stopped granting single entries, i read about it in cic website.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
I found a note on the cic website that said all single entry visas will be considered for multiple entry visa after Feb 2014....cool

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Ali.Ayyach said:
Thank you for ur reply dear, but im not sure if i can get this part, what do u mean cross borders by mail?
Well if you are in Canada as a visitor, and the outland processing VO requests your passport (to put the counterfoil in it), what were you planning to do? Take your passport to your home country personally? Assuming your home country is the processing VO.

Ali.Ayyach

Jun 8, 2015
truesmile said:
Well if you are in Canada as a visitor, and the outland processing VO requests your passport (to put the counterfoil in it), what were you planning to do? Take your passport to your home country personally? Assuming your home country is the processing VO.
Oh well, i live in Kuwait and the nearest visa office is in UAE, last month they requested my passport to stamp the visiting visa, and i sent it by mail with vfs global, so when they request it for the PR application i will mail it again to abu dhabi.

If thats what u mean.

Sivakumar santhanam

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - waived, AOR 2 - Jan20 2016
File Transfer...
Jan 07 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I am also getting marry soon. Is it better to apply TRV before marriage or After marriage?
What are all the documents should be provided for TRV to avoid rejection?

IndoCanadian2015

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Ali.Ayyach said:
Oh well, i live in Kuwait and the nearest visa office is in UAE, last month they requested my passport to stamp the visiting visa, and i sent it by mail with vfs global, so when they request it for the PR application i will mail it again to abu dhabi.

If thats what u mean.
When they ask for your passport for permanent residence visa, you will have the option to send it to ottawa VO. This way the passport will stay within canada.
So don't worry about anything, Enjoy your life ahead in Canada. Good luck.

Ali.Ayyach

Jun 8, 2015
IndoCanadian2015 said:
When they ask for your passport for permanent residence visa, you will have the option to send it to ottawa VO. This way the passport will stay within canada.
So don't worry about anything, Enjoy your life ahead in Canada. Good luck.
Thank you dear, that was helpful :)

Cheers

Sivakumar santhanam

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan 07 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Sivakumar santhanam said:
I am also getting marry soon. Is it better to apply TRV before marriage or After marriage?

Anybody can help me?

Sivakumar santhanam

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan 07 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

Anybody can help me?

Ali.Ayyach

Jun 8, 2015
Anybody can help me?
Hi siva,

It depends, in my case im already married, applied for a TRV to have my wedding done in canada.

U can check the link below, mentioned in it the documents provided.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/approved-online-trv-multiple-entry-visa-t314795.0.html

Regards,