+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application rejected due to Spouse PCC

abhidarekar

Oct 11, 2018
So I received below response to my PR application

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Police Certificate:
o The Police certificate from India that you provided with your application for your spouse is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period of time spent in India. You have indicated in your address/personal history that you resided in India from 2011/08/04 to 2018/11/07.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From this I understand that I must have entered the wrong date as I have been residing in the same city since 2008. My wife has been in the same city since 2014.
Now if I enter the correct date in my new form will it cause a problem since the dates in the old and new from won't match?
How should I proceed with this in my new application?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Sorry to hear that! But no worries, it's extremely common for countries where PCC are address dependent. Just apply again.
If you're sure it's a mistake, then provide the correct dates regardless, as that's the correct information.
If you want to clear any doubt, you can mention in LOE that it was an error in your previous application, which resulted in a rejection.
No need to worry.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
- Police Certificate:
o The Police certificate from India that you provided with your application for your spouse is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period of time spent in India. You have indicated in your address/personal history that you resided in India from 2011/08/04 to 2018/11/07.

From this I understand that I must have entered the wrong date as I have been residing in the same city since 2008. My wife has been in the same city since 2014.
Now if I enter the correct date in my new form will it cause a problem since the dates in the old and new from won't match?
How long after AOR did you get this ?

abhidarekar

Oct 11, 2018
Sorry to hear that! But no worries, it's extremely common for countries where PCC are address dependent. Just apply again.
If you're sure it's a mistake, then provide the correct dates regardless, as that's the correct information.
If you want to clear any doubt, you can mention in LOE that it was an error in your previous application, which resulted in a rejection.
No need to worry.
For PCC do I need to mention the last 10 years for my wife? The reason I ask is because for me I have been in the same city for the last 10 years but my wife moved here in 2015 before that she was living in another city. Would I need to get the PCC for 2 cities for her or the PCC I submitted which only includes the time since we got married (Dec. 2016) be sufficient?
Also since I have to re apply again would I need to re-issue my PCC ?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
For PCC do I need to mention the last 10 years for my wife? The reason I ask is because for me I have been in the same city for the last 10 years but my wife moved here in 2015 before that she was living in another city. Would I need to get the PCC for 2 cities for her or the PCC I submitted which only includes the time since we got married (Dec. 2016) be sufficient?
Also since I have to re apply again would I need to re-issue my PCC ?
Regardless of your situation, PCCs need to be provided for any country where you/she lived for 6 months or more in a row since the age of 18. Not just the last 10 years.
It applies to both of you.

pursuit_of_happiness

Jul 23, 2018

- Police Certificate:

First of all, i feel sorry for your application.

secondly, This has happened because you did not get your PCC from passport office PSK. They give PCC in the format acceptable by IRCC and there is no such period mentioned.

apply for one from PSK and you will be good to go

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Regardless of your situation, PCCs need to be provided for any country where you/she lived for 6 months or more in a row since the age of 18. Not just the last 10 years.
It applies to both of you.
The bold portion is not correct. Below is the portion quoted from IRCC website. Notice the "and"

"Get the police certificates you need
You must include police certificates when you apply for permanent residence.

Our online system will ask for a police certificate for:

• you and your family members who are 18 years or older
  • and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
The bold portion is not correct. Below is the portion quoted from IRCC website. Notice the "and"

"Get the police certificates you need
You must include police certificates when you apply for permanent residence.

Our online system will ask for a police certificate for:

• you and your family members who are 18 years or older
  • and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
Thanks for the correction!

Reactions: samikdg

exd

Feb 5, 2016

- Police Certificate:

i got refusal today because of same reason

exd

Feb 5, 2016
Give it another go and all should go well. Good luck!
Thanks mate

My rejection was due to spouse Police Certificate as in her PCC the date mentioned was only when she moved to my home address after marriage so Now I have decided to give CIC 2 PCC for my spouse, 1st from Police Station of her birthplace where she spent 22 yrs from birth till marriage and then rest of 10 yrs she spent at my home address .

It is to be noted that she never left country and she always lived in a same city ( my city) but different towns which are 10km apart.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Thanks mate

My rejection was due to spouse Police Certificate as in her PCC the date mentioned was only when she moved to my home address after marriage so Now I have decided to give CIC 2 PCC for my spouse, 1st from Police Station of her birthplace where she spent 22 yrs from birth till marriage and then rest of 10 yrs she spent at my home address .

It is to be noted that she never left country and she always lived in a same city ( my city) but different towns which are 10km apart.
Yeah, I know. It's really sad to have to be refused for that reason but that's how it is. Don't let that get you down, it's only a formality. Get the right one and they will process your application and eventually issue you with the immigrant visa. All the best

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Thanks mate

Can't you get the PCC from nearest PSK, those do not have any date range mentioned, so essentially applicable from birth till date.