+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application Files Transferred from Buffalo ----> Los Angeles VO from Sep 2011

salman2

Nov 27, 2012
Hi Soop,

Thanks for the reply. I did not find on their website (CIC Los Angeles) what should be the preferred incoming courier. In the email, also nothing is mentioned. One more thing: Can I put a reply envelop (although they say on their website that people whose address is in Canada should not put a reply envelop), but I am short of time as my medical will expire on Jan 24, 2013 and I am going to send our passports on Dec 15, 2012. Do you people think its good to put a reply USPS envelop.

Thanks,

soop said:
PLEASE USE USPS.THEY DO NOT ACCEPT ANY OTHER METHORD.IT IS MENTIONED ON EMAIL AND THEIR WEBSITE.

SOOP

soop

Jan 18, 2010
please check below in your email.it has to be mentioned.

Return of your passport(s)

Our mailing address: 550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071

Using US Postal Service:

Please purchase two prepaid, 9" x 12" USPS Express Mail or USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation envelopes.
Enclose one envelope in the other envelope. Add the passport(s) and documents you wish to send to us. This second envelope will be used to return your passport and any original documents.
Complete the mailing label on the return envelope showing your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field and the address of the Consulate General of Canada in the “Return Address” field.
Make a note of the tracking number for each envelope.
Enter a daytime telephone number on the mailing label above the recipient address.
If you chose to not provide us with such a return envelope, we will mail your passport(s) and documents via regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail).
Please note that the visa office in Los Angeles will not return your documents using any courier services.
If your mailing address is in Canada:

Persons currently residing in Canada with applications in our office must not submit a return mail envelope.
We are only able to return passport(s) and documents to Canadian addresses by regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail).
Please note that the visa office in Los Angeles will not return your documents using any courier services.

salman2

Nov 27, 2012
Hi Arvind,

Do you live in Canada? Can you share how much time it takes for CIC Los Angeles to return and process your passports. When did you send your passports.

Thanks.

ArvindXBhatia said:
Guys,

I received my passports today. Amazing speed by LA to send the package :)

Arvind

salman2

Nov 27, 2012
Hi Soop,

It means that for people in Canada, they only use normal USPS Post services, which can take 3-4 weeks to arrive. Its strange. It means that people from Canada cannot put a return envelop. Am I correct? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

soop said:
please check below in your email.it has to be mentioned.

Return of your passport(s)

Our mailing address: 550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071

Using US Postal Service:

Please purchase two prepaid, 9" x 12" USPS Express Mail or USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation envelopes.
Enclose one envelope in the other envelope. Add the passport(s) and documents you wish to send to us. This second envelope will be used to return your passport and any original documents.
Complete the mailing label on the return envelope showing your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field and the address of the Consulate General of Canada in the “Return Address” field.
Make a note of the tracking number for each envelope.
Enter a daytime telephone number on the mailing label above the recipient address.
If you chose to not provide us with such a return envelope, we will mail your passport(s) and documents via regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail).
If your mailing address is in Canada:

Persons currently residing in Canada with applications in our office must not submit a return mail envelope.
We are only able to return passport(s) and documents to Canadian addresses by regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail).

ArvindXBhatia

Nov 11, 2010
Hi Salman,

I got my passports in real quick time. I sent on 2nd November and got back on 28th. But I have also request for urgent consideration as I have to travel overseas on 4th December. And yes I live in Canada.

Arvind

soop

Jan 18, 2010
Hi guys

Any body got passport back from LA office recently after ArvindXBhatia.Any idea how long it take to get my passport back within us.

i reside in us.

soop

rafaelgabbie

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Hi soop. I sent my 1st week of november. Its my fouth week on monday. Im in LosAngeles. I think im ahead of u 1 wk. Ill inform u when theres development.

ojart2002

Aug 30, 2012
Marnest said:
Congrats Ojart! Goodluck ! Thanks for sharing your timeline.. It was really helpful..
Hi guys, I am planning to land in December (on my way from a short trip to Germany). Since I have been living in Canada for the past 3 years, am I required to still bring cash to Canada when landing. Does anyone has any idea what they ask for at the point of entry apart from the COPR?

rafaelgabbie

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Yes soop i am residing here in LA. I believe it will take 5 weeks regularly for us to see movement with passport return. Hope im right coz thats how i see the trend if your here in los angeles.

Marnest

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 28, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 10, 2010
AOR Received.
April 30, 2010
IELTS Request
May 4,2010
File Transfer...
November 16, 2011
Med's Request
May 28, 2012
Med's Done....
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Hopefully aug this year
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi arvind, Congrats to you! We send the our passport at the same day.. But my ecas changed to DM last tuesday only.. I hope to get mine soon too.. When did your ECas changed to DM? Thanks
ArvindXBhatia said:
Guys,

Arvind

mirandaa

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Congratulations Arvind! I'm glad you finally got it back.

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting for passports. I'm pretty sure they are on it's way! :D

ArvindXBhatia said:
Guys,

Arvind

mirandaa

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Hi Ojart,

I have the same question and I been living in Canada for 5 year. I'm a liitke nervous about the landing process I don't know what to expect? Do you know if we need a re-entry visa? I've heard so many stories and some of them say you still have to please the officer. Ugh, I don't see the end of this! Lol. Anyways, let me know whatever information you gathered that might be helpful for the landing. I'm planning to land on January after a trip back home.
Good luck Ojart!

And please everyone share landing stories they are very helpful!

ojart2002 said:
Hi guys, I am planning to land in December (on my way from a short trip to Germany). Since I have been living in Canada for the past 3 years, am I required to still bring cash to Canada when landing. Does anyone has any idea what they ask for at the point of entry apart from the COPR?