+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application Files Transferred from Buffalo ----> Los Angeles VO from Sep 2011

aditya29

Apr 23, 2012
mirandaa said:
Congratulations Aditya! Time for you to celebrate :)
Thanks Miranda. Finally PPR came. It almost took 2 years to reach this state. I am thinking of going in person to LA to submit my passport.
Any idea what documents are necessary for POE ? and Could i pay PPRF at consulate office only?
thanks

mirandaa

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Hello again Aditya. I'm so glad you got you PRR after all that painful and draining wait. I'm not sure what documents you need but hopefully someone in here will know. At least the difficult part is over!
By the way, I got my MR today. Finally!

aditya29 said:
Thanks Miranda. Finally PPR came. It almost took 2 years to reach this state. I am thinking of going in person to LA to submit my passport.
Any idea what documents are necessary for POE ? and Could i pay PPRF at consulate office only?
thanks

mirandaa

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Hello Rod,
I cannot send you messages, I wonder why? Anyways, I just want to let you know that I received my Medical forms today. So never mind what the lawyer said. Lol

mirandaa said:
Hi Rod,
I talked to the immigration lawyer and he said processing times are taking longer and longer. He said it's going to take at least 4 to 12 months for me to get PPR. But I guess that's what happen when you trust your PRR process to immigration lawyers. I don't know what to think now. I guess I have to wait longer!

Marnest

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 28, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 10, 2010
AOR Received.
April 30, 2010
IELTS Request
May 4,2010
File Transfer...
November 16, 2011
Med's Request
May 28, 2012
Med's Done....
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Hopefully aug this year
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi there! I am new in this forum and i have been reading your post since last week .
I have been waiting for my med request too.. My ECAs status is "in process" we have reviewed your Application and started processing on Feb 7, 2012.. I send an email requesting change of mailing address and asking for an update, but until now they have not responded. I hope to get MR soon..
App feb 28, 2010
Recd mar 10, 2010
AOR april 30,2010
Ielts recd may 4, 2010
File transferred nov. 16, 2011
MR request... Hopefully this may
PPR.... June hopefully

mirandaa

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Hello Marnest,
My file it's been in process since February too. I just got my MR yesterday so you should be getting yours soon. I think processing times are slower this year and it's taking forever.

Marnest said:
Hi there! I am new in this forum and i have been reading your post since last week .
I have been waiting for my med request too.. My ECAs status is "in process" we have reviewed your Application and started processing on Feb 7, 2012.. I send an email requesting change of mailing address and asking for an update, but until now they have not responded. I hope to get MR soon..
App feb 28, 2010
Recd mar 10, 2010
AOR april 30,2010
Ielts recd may 4, 2010
File transferred nov. 16, 2011
MR request... Hopefully this may
PPR.... June hopefully

Marnest

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 28, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 10, 2010
AOR Received.
April 30, 2010
IELTS Request
May 4,2010
File Transfer...
November 16, 2011
Med's Request
May 28, 2012
Med's Done....
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Hopefully aug this year
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
mirandaa said:
Hello Marnest,
My file it's been in process since February too. I just got my MR yesterday so you should be getting yours soon. I think processing times are slower this year and it's taking forever.
Hi Miranda,

Thanks for the info.. I read some of your post and i believe we have the same timeline. I hope you're right .. Congrats you got your MR . I hope mine follows. I am bit worried coz ive been checking my Ecas lately and nothing has changed! Keep me posted pls! Thank you!

mirandaa

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Thank you Marnest.

The only thing I didn't like is that they also ask for police clearances again.
And don't worry about the Ecas status mine hasn't change either. Still showing in process, I think it will change once they receive the results of the medical examination. So it's good sign your file still show in process.
I'll keep you updated.
Good luck!

Marnest said:
Hi Miranda,

Thanks for the info.. I read some of your post and i believe we have the same timeline. I hope you're right .. Congrats you got your MR . I hope mine follows. I am bit worried coz ive been checking my Ecas lately and nothing has changed! Keep me posted pls! Thank you!

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Miranda,

Thanks for the update +1

Rod ;D

Marnest

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 28, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 10, 2010
AOR Received.
April 30, 2010
IELTS Request
May 4,2010
File Transfer...
November 16, 2011
Med's Request
May 28, 2012
Med's Done....
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Hopefully aug this year
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi miranda,
I emailed Los Angeles office regarding my application asking for status and they replied just today, i am so upset because they said that they could not found my file with the information i gave them. how can it be ? My Ecas informations states that my file was transferred to los angeles dated november 16, 2011.. I don't know what's going on.. i hope my applicAtion is actually in process..
It's good to know you have your MR done.. For sure they will ask for another fbi or police clearance because they wanted to make sure we didn't hAve any crminal records in a span of 2 years.. Sigh!! It takes forever for them to process now they needed updated docs..
Good luck to you as well Miranda!

mirandaa said:
Thank you Marnest.

The only thing I didn't like is that they also ask for police clearances again.
And don't worry about the Ecas status mine hasn't change either. Still showing in process, I think it will change once they receive the results of the medical examination. So it's good sign your file still show in process.
I'll keep you updated.
Good luck!

Marnest

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 28, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 10, 2010
AOR Received.
April 30, 2010
IELTS Request
May 4,2010
File Transfer...
November 16, 2011
Med's Request
May 28, 2012
Med's Done....
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Hopefully aug this year
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi rod,

I just got an email from LA office stating that my application was not found in their end...where in fact my ecas infos states that it was transferred in La office on Nov 16, 2011.. How did you know your file was transferred to LA ? Did you get a letter or email from them?
thanks

Marnest

thebeast184 said:
Miranda,

Thanks for the update +1

Rod ;D

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Marnest,

I received an email from Buffalo at the time of the transfer. You should email Buffalo in your case and copy the email from LA. How long did LA take to reply? I emailed them about 3 weeks ago and never received an answer

Rod

Marnest said:
Hi rod,

I just got an email from LA office stating that my application was not found in their end...where in fact my ecas infos states that it was transferred in La office on Nov 16, 2011.. How did you know your file was transferred to LA ? Did you get a letter or email from them?
thanks

Marnest

mirandaa

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Hi Marnest,
It's like the never ending story, isn't it? If your ecas states your file is in process it shouldn't be any problem with your file. But as Rod said try the buffalo office maybe they can clarify. I think you should just look at the ecas because your file is in process and it exists otherwise you wouldn't be able to access your application status. Have you try calling them? 1888 242 21 00

Marnest said:
Hi miranda,
I emailed Los Angeles office regarding my application asking for status and they replied just today, i am so upset because they said that they could not found my file with the information i gave them. how can it be ? My Ecas informations states that my file was transferred to los angeles dated november 16, 2011.. I don't know what's going on.. i hope my applicAtion is actually in process..
It's good to know you have your MR done.. For sure they will ask for another fbi or police clearance because they wanted to make sure we didn't hAve any crminal records in a span of 2 years.. Sigh!! It takes forever for them to process now they needed updated docs..
Good luck to you as well Miranda!

Marnest

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 28, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 10, 2010
AOR Received.
April 30, 2010
IELTS Request
May 4,2010
File Transfer...
November 16, 2011
Med's Request
May 28, 2012
Med's Done....
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Hopefully aug this year
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi Rod,

It took them 2 weeks to reply in my email.. Perhaps they are actually working on your application thats why it takes a while for them to reply. They don't my applicAtion so they have to let me know right away. Hope you'll get your MR soon.. I never got an email informing me that my application was transferred to LA. I just relied in the informTion provided by Ecas.. I forwarded my email to Buffalo hoping to get feedback from them soon..

Goodluck to you rod!

thebeast184 said:
Marnest,

I received an email from Buffalo at the time of the transfer. You should email Buffalo in your case and copy the email from LA. How long did LA take to reply? I emailed them about 3 weeks ago and never received an answer

Rod