+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Appeal Fraud

JamNid

Aug 9, 2015
Someone I know did not meet PR residency obligations and she was asked to leave the country but filed an appeal on Humanitarian and compassionate care grounds. Her appeal is coming up for hearing in two weeks and I suspect she will be presenting fake documentation to try to support her case. However I am not 100% sure as I dont know what documentation she will be taking but I dont know if I can warn CIC or whether they will figure it out themselves when they hear the appeal?

Not sure what to do - I want to do the right thing but again I am not 100% sure what documents she will show. The person in question is my ex roomate and we get along well even now but I dont like it when people try to take advantage of our system with lies

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC is pretty good at identifying false documentation, so I wouldn't worry about them not noticing. They will check the documents and investigate the case.

It doesn't sound like you have any real information to share with them beyond: Make sure to double check her documents.
They will double check.
You don't have to ask them to.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JamNid said:
Someone I know did not meet PR residency obligations and she was asked to leave the country but filed an appeal on Humanitarian and compassionate care grounds. Her appeal is coming up for hearing in two weeks and I suspect she will be presenting fake documentation to try to support her case. However I am not 100% sure as I dont know what documentation she will be taking but I dont know if I can warn CIC or whether they will figure it out themselves when they hear the appeal?

Not sure what to do - I want to do the right thing but again I am not 100% sure what documents she will show. The person in question is my ex roomate and we get along well even now but I dont like it when people try to take advantage of our system with lies
CIC must follow the law so mere suspicion is not enough. Its possible for criminal proceedings to be initiated which could involve your identity and involvement being made known.

JamNid

Aug 9, 2015
I think the fact that CIC gave her a temporary PR card for a year till her appeal date and now has given her a appeal date to come for the hearing means they may not catch the fake documentation she has gotten from her country of origin and she is also a good liar so she may be able to convince them. Also her boyfriend (who is also the owner of a business) is one of the people who is supporting her and has provided a letter saying he will offer her a fulltime job etc so again, I have my doubts CIC will catch the lies. Is there a way to report this anonymously to CIC

Dreamszalone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
your tone sounds like you want to harm her more than you want to do good to the system (CIC) I wouldn't recommend screwing anyone just because you hate them or you was involved with them in the past. You gotta change yourself buddy else you would be again on this forum with another name trying to screw someone else.

LIVE and Let Live. I would say dont try to harm her just let GOD do the justice as he is not blind. If she has screwed you in anyway you just pardon her with your big heart.

Thanks

Loom

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JamNid said:
I think the fact that CIC gave her a temporary PR card for a year till her appeal date and now has given her a appeal date to come for the hearing means they may not catch the fake documentation she has gotten from her country of origin and she is also a good liar so she may be able to convince them. Also her boyfriend (who is also the owner of a business) is one of the people who is supporting her and has provided a letter saying he will offer her a fulltime job etc so again, I have my doubts CIC will catch the lies. Is there a way to report this anonymously to CIC
JamNid said:
I don't think you like her, let alone get along with her. Just let it be and let CIC do their work, coz from what I see you have no proof except knowing she will be lying.
I'm not judging you, but from my perspective only, I feel the grudge you hold against her. It's not about doing the right thing, it's about teaching her a lesson. I just hope I will never have to deal with people who hold so much grudge and try to get revenge.

SergiiK

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Just call CIC and tell them your information. They will just pay double attention to her case.

Notley

Star Member
May 27, 2015
eileenf said:
CIC is pretty good at identifying false documentation, so I wouldn't worry about them not noticing. They will check the documents and investigate the case.

It doesn't sound like you have any real information to share with them beyond: Make sure to double check her documents.
They will double check.
You don't have to ask them to.
Hi eileenf link
I know a person who was govt employee in india and got PR four years before his retirement. He enjoyed PR facility and worked in India as well on frequently going to India and coming back. It was after years from the date of landing, he was retired from govt. service. will you please advise whether this is fraud or not and he has never shown pension being taken monthly from india to CRA. I means to say that he applied for PGP immigration exactly 8 years before retirement. Is this is not a fraud as govt record can not be changed at the will of employee please advise

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Notley said:
Hi eileenf link
I know a person who was govt employee in india and got PR four years before his retirement. He enjoyed PR facility and worked in India as well on frequently going to India and coming back. It was after years from the date of landing, he was retired from govt. service. will you please advise whether this is fraud or not and he has never shown pension being taken monthly from india to CRA. I means to say that he applied for PGP immigration exactly 8 years before retirement. Is this is not a fraud as govt record can not be changed at the will of employee please advise
While I did not completely understand your message, it does not sound like immigration fraud. It sounds like you want to hurt to this person, but you don't say why.

Notley, is this person your family member? Are you in a relationship with them? Have they hurt you? Have they threatened you? Are you jealous of this person? Do you believe that reporting their (supposed) fraud will win you some advantage from the government?

If you are trying to harm this person as a way to protect yourself, you should explain. There may be other ways to protect yourself that are more likely to work.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Notley said:
Hi eileenf link
If the person in question managed to maintain residency obligation in Canada, and work abroad, where's the problem. It happens. How is it your business?

How is what the person in question does or doesn't declare to CRA your business? That doesn't relate to immigration anyway.

Income tax fraud can be reported to CRA if you feel strongly enough about it, but why would you? How is it your business?

I'd suggest that if this person's actions upset you so much, either make a report, or stop frequenting him/her.

Notley

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Lammawitch said:
If the person in question managed to maintain residency obligation in Canada, and work abroad, where's the problem. It happens. How is it your business?

How is what the person in question does or doesn't declare to CRA your business? That doesn't relate to immigration anyway.

Income tax fraud can be reported to CRA if you feel strongly enough about it, but why would you? How is it your business?

I'd suggest that if this person's actions upset you so much, either make a report, or stop frequenting him/her.
you both are right I have told my friend to forget and need not bother about working of cic CIC is better judge and we have nothing to do with immi work we should stick to our own business. thanks to both the senior members for guidance.Rgds