+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR and Landing related questions

sunny_singh

Apr 23, 2008
Hi Everybody,

I have got my Immigration Visa for my family and I am planning to land shortly. Now, I am confused with the following things:
1) I specified my destination as Toronto in my Application. However, I would like to land (with my family) in Vancouver. Is it OK to do that?
2) Is it OK to land in Vancouver and give the address of Toronto of my friend for the correspondance of PR and SIN?
3) Which is better to land, by Plane or by road for immigration?

Immediate response is highly appreciated.

PaulIII

Aug 22, 2007
You would have gotten immediate answers to your questions 1 and 2, if you went only few pages back in this forum – these same questions have been asked at least 1000 000 times.

3. It is much better to land by plane, otherwise you might be considered roaded, instead of landed immigrant. Besides, when you land by plane, usually you just wave to the immigration officer from the air, he/she waves back to you, and with a big smile on his/her face, lets you go thru without any questions.

Now seriously – did you really think for a second that it would make any difference which way you cross the border? You can’t be that silly, can you?

Raytas

Mar 31, 2008
For PaulIII,
don't you think you are being a bit too hard too sarcastic in the way you are answering sunny_singh questions!!
For your information in many countries the formalities you have to go through by air are much easier and smoother than by road, by road you are subject to thorough questionning and sometimes a real sifting of your luggage which creates tremendous delays!!
the forum is there to help people those who know and those who partially know it's all part of the game. Have a good one!

PaulIII

Aug 22, 2007
Dear Raytas,
First of all, as far as I know, Canada borders only with USA (not counting Greenland, Saint-Pierre and Miquelon for obvious resson). So, sunny_singh is considering either flying from USA to Canada, or crossing the border between USA and Canada by land. Therefore your comment “in many countries…” sounds funny.
If you really think there is a bit of a difference which way you cross the Canadian border you are more than naive. Every newcomer to Canada faces exact same scrutiny regardless of the POE.
This “For your information in many countries the formalities you have to go through by air are much easier and smoother than by road, by road you are subject to thorough questionning and sometimes a real sifting of your luggage which creates tremendous delays!!” is more than misleading information. In fact it is a absolute rubbish.

People should learn not to be lazy and educate themselves. PMM probably has developed calluses on his/her fingers answering the same questions over and over again. What makes you think sunny_singh’s time is more precious than that of PMM’ or Thaiguy for instance?
If somebody thinks my sarcasm is a challenge, wait until he/she goes to Canada!

You have a nice day 2!

rex1

Mar 25, 2008
paul you so seem so furstrated.
if you feel that questions by sunny don't seem important
don't answer it. simple.
please keep the oversmartness out of it.

PaulIII

Aug 22, 2007
Are sure you know the meaning of the word frustrated?
So, you'd rather keep the over smartness out, and let the false information in - very helpful for everybody reading this forum and relaying on truthful and reliable information.

Raytas

Mar 31, 2008
Paul, just to close this issue when I wrote about the difference between crossing by air or by land I was talking from personal experience I flew to several countries and I entered by road a couple of times to the same countries, and what I said is true from what I have experienced. Maybe it is not true for canada then thank you for clarifying the matter; that is all. No need to start an outburst out of nothing!! We are all here to share information and to help each other!! PMM and others are dedicated people and each and everyone is grateful for their efforts in helping !!! I agree that some people should make some efforts to look for information but a little help is never too much! No hardfeelings!!!! Cheer up!!