+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR request wife in India

hshergill

Jan 12, 2013
Hello Dear,

I am asked to submit my passport for visa stamp along with my spouse. I live here in Canada but my spouse is in India. SO can she submit her passport in India and I in Canada. Is this possible? please help!!

Thanks

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
What is your visa office?

hshergill

Jan 12, 2013
My visa office is Ottawa, Canada. I e-mailed them about this problem. They replied you can submit your and your spouse's passport in New Delhi, India. But I'm here in Canada so now how can I submit my passport in India. I'm confused!!

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
You need to go back to India for passport submission.

hshergill

Jan 12, 2013
Thanks Buddy,

But are you sure about that. Is there no way I can submit my passport here in Canada and my spouse in India?

attitudefever

Star Member
Mar 29, 2009
I have heard from couple of people that you can submit your passport here in Ottawa and ottwa office will issue a letter which you can forward to visa office in dehli along with your wife's passport. You dont have to travel to India. Email CPP Ottawa again or ask MP in your area.

Yogesh85

Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
26-02-2014
Med's Request
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2014
LANDED..........
In CAnada
A friend of mine son got visa in india while that couple was here. m agree to attitudefever, I am also waiting my PPR in Canada and my wife is in india.. In delhi he got visa in 8 days.. it is fast too.

send your passport to Ottawa and attach letter explaining why you didnt submit her passport with that.

Rocky_bombastic

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Regina-SK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th May '13
Doc's Request.
25th Nov '13
Nomination.....
11th Oct '13
AOR Received.
29th Dec '13 ( ECAS update to Application recieved on 12th Nov '13)
File Transfer...
RPRF request 15-May-2014
Med's Request
30th Dec '13
Med's Done....
07th Jan '14
Interview........
IN PROCESS ---> 2nd June '14. --- Decision made---> 23rd June '14
Passport Req..
July 3rd 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 15th 2014
LANDED..........
18th July 2014---> PR card received Sep 8th 2014
hshergill said:
My visa office is Ottawa, Canada. I e-mailed them about this problem. They replied you can submit your and your spouse's passport in New Delhi, India. But I'm here in Canada so now how can I submit my passport in India. I'm confused!!
Hello
The visa Officer meant that you need to send your wife's passport to Delhi's consulate as it is illegal to send passports by courier in India. You can go ahead and do your stamping at the Canada border but your wife's passport needs to be sent to the New Delhi office. I think you may have to contact VFS and they will be able to take and courier your passports from your city to Canadian consulate in India.

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
hshergill said:
Hello Dear,

I am asked to submit my passport for visa stamp along with my spouse. I live here in Canada but my spouse is in India. SO can she submit her passport in India and I in Canada. Is this possible? please help!!

Thanks
If you have your wife as dependent in the application for PR then E:mail them and let them know about your situation. Also if your visa office is CPP-Ottawa then send your passport to Ottawa and NOT INDIA. Write a covering letter stating why you were unable to send your wife's passport and mention where she is staying currently. You will receive an E:mail from New Delhi Visa officer the same week asking for your spouse to submit her passport for visa stamping. Submit her passport through VFS, you will receive her passport with visa stamped the following week.

DavisJun2013

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jun-2013
hshergill said:
Hello Dear,

Thanks
I think one more option is, you can ask your wife to send her Passport to you in Canada. if you show PPR request email printout, they will allow to courier her passport to you and you send both your passports to Ottawa for stamping.. just a suggestion :)

gp11

Apr 2, 2013
I have one question if anyone knows, Right now my appliaction status is in process. I applied under SINP to sydney. Now i am in Canada & wife is in India. For stamping i need her passport as well. Can i ask CPP-ottawa to send me two email stating that i can submit my passport here in Canada & her passport in new delhi , India. Can i send them the email like this before decision made on my application or i can send it right away, so it will save my time period.
Thank you.

DavisJun2013

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jun-2013
gp11 said:
I have one question if anyone knows, Right now my appliaction status is in process. I applied under SINP to sydney. Now i am in Canada & wife is in India. For stamping i need her passport as well. Can i ask CPP-ottawa to send me two email stating that i can submit my passport here in Canada & her passport in new delhi , India. Can i send them the email like this before decision made on my application or i can send it right away, so it will save my time period.
Thank you.
I think you have to wait till you get PPR before asking CIC this question.

drnas77

Dec 21, 2012
For selecting a visa office for PR, the guidelines say: 'find your country of nationality or country/territory where you have been legally admitted for one year'.
I have been working in Canada only since 6 months - so I selected New Delhi (not Ottawa) since I had not finished one year in Canada. Did I correctly select, or should I have still selected Ottawa?

My current status: they have received our medical exam results. Does this mean that I will have to travel to New Delhi when I get passport request? Or can I submit it the passports in Ottawa since my wife and I are living in Canada already?

We have work permit documents (valid till Aug 2016) stapled to our visa page in the our passports. So, do we even need to submit passports, or can we just flag-pole landing at the US border?

Thanks, NS

Yogesh85

Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
26-02-2014
Med's Request
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2014
LANDED..........
In CAnada
Delhi is okk, PPR will be in canada and have to submit passport to get stamp on it...

After all that u can do flag pole