+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR request for child outside Canada

BEHBOK09

Nov 11, 2021
Hi everyone,

Would like to ask if anyone, or if you know someone, who has a similar situation as us. My wife is the principal applicant and me and our 5-year old son are the dependents. Wife and I are currently in Canada and our child is in the Philippines. We already received the request for PR confirmation, and in the email from IRCC it asks us if a dependent is outside Canada and we did tell them about our child. We got a reply for the COPR link and it's just me and my wife in there. Will our son receive a PPR instead? and if so, anyone knows how we'll receive it and how long will be the wait?

Thanks a lot!

Best,
Denver

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Hi everyone,

Would like to ask if anyone, or if you know someone, who has a similar situation as us. My wife is the principal applicant and me and our 5-year old son are the dependents. Wife and I are currently in Canada and our child is in the Philippines. We already received the request for PR confirmation, and in the email from IRCC it asks us if a dependent is outside Canada and we did tell them about our child. We got a reply for the COPR link and it's just me and my wife in there. Will our son receive a PPR instead? and if so, anyone knows how we'll receive it and how long will be the wait?

Thanks a lot!

Best,
Denver
Hi. Congrats for being a PR in Canada.
I would like to ask about this matter?
Did you get ppr for your outland dependent? If so, would you mind sharing your timeline? I have the same case. Thanks alot and congrats again

BEHBOK09

Nov 11, 2021
Thank you!

Yes we did get the PPR and below is our timeline:

Nov. 7 - received instructions for the PR portal (we replied the same day)
Nov. 10 - received the credentials for the PR portal
Nov. 11 - accomplished and submitted our photo in the PR portal
Nov. 15 - received email saying that our eCOPR is now available for download
Nov. 17 - received PPR (note that the PPR is a generic email addressed to the principal applicant but it is the one we used for the our son's PR visa)
Nov. 19 (friday) - couriered his passport to VFS
Nov. 22 (monday) - passport received by VFS (courier tried on a weekend but the office was close)
Nov. 22 - passport dispatched to IRCC / embassy (received the same day)
Nov. 23 - decision envelope dispatched to VFS (received and couriered by VFS the same day)
Nov. 24 - passport with visa received by my son

I guess we just got anxious since we did not receive specific instructions at the onset. Goodluck and Godbless to you and your fam! :)

Reactions: ghenny

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Thank you!

Yes we did get the PPR and below is our timeline:

Nov. 7 - received instructions for the PR portal (we replied the same day)
Nov. 10 - received the credentials for the PR portal
Nov. 11 - accomplished and submitted our photo in the PR portal
Nov. 15 - received email saying that our eCOPR is now available for download
Nov. 17 - received PPR (note that the PPR is a generic email addressed to the principal applicant but it is the one we used for the our son's PR visa)
Nov. 19 (friday) - couriered his passport to VFS
Nov. 22 (monday) - passport received by VFS (courier tried on a weekend but the office was close)
Nov. 22 - passport dispatched to IRCC / embassy (received the same day)
Nov. 23 - decision envelope dispatched to VFS (received and couriered by VFS the same day)
Nov. 24 - passport with visa received by my son

I guess we just got anxious since we did not receive specific instructions at the onset. Goodluck and Godbless to you and your fam! :)
Thanks for the reply. Highyl appreciated. This is very helpful information. Congrats again. Can i ask one more when did you submit your application? Thank you so much. If you dont mind me asking about your PR timeline? Thank you and God Bless