+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR - pictures taken in the US?

dopehead

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
I received my PPR last week and the photo requirements state that the photo should be 2.75 inches long and 2 inches wide.
However, most studios that take passport pictures use the US standard size of 2"x2". I checked in with Target, FedEx and Walmart and all of them offer 2"x2" as the only size.

Those in the US - how did you guys go about it?

Zessie

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
United States
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-13-2017
AOR Received.
06-13-2017
Med's Done....
07-10-2017
Passport Req..
02-08-2017
I do have the same question...

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Find a local photographer - you are going to the big box stores, but have you tried contacting a real photography studio? I was easily able to find one, took me 10 min on Google and 2 phone calls and I had my photos two hours later

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
I received my PPR last week and the photo requirements state that the photo should be 2.75 inches long and 2 inches wide.
However, most studios that take passport pictures use the US standard size of 2"x2". I checked in with Target, FedEx and Walmart and all of them offer 2"x2" as the only size.

Those in the US - how did you guys go about it?
go to Walgreens.. their software has a setting which adjusts the size according to the country. From the dropdown, select Canada and it will show the size required for Canada.

PS - I got rejected twice for my photo, but it was accepted after I did it from Walgreens !!

canada_dreamer

Apr 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
go to Walgreens.. their software has a setting which adjusts the size according to the country. From the dropdown, select Canada and it will show the size required for Canada.

PS - I got rejected twice for my photo, but it was accepted after I did it from Walgreens !!
Your whole PR application got rejected twice just for photo or your photo was rejected twice?

dopehead

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
Find a local photographer - you are going to the big box stores, but have you tried contacting a real photography studio? I was easily able to find one, took me 10 min on Google and 2 phone calls and I had my photos two hours later
Thanks - can I ask how much it cost you? While I was at Walmart I did some Google-fu and the closest guy near me was a professional who specialized in taking headshots for aspiring actors. I presumed his services would cost a kidney and a half so I thought I'd tap into the collective intelligence of the forum

dopehead

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017

At Walgreens - where do you specify the country? Do they give you the digital version and can you specify the size it should be cut to?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Cost me $17 for two copies. My wife and I got four copies each, so we paid $70 in toto.

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
I also used Walgreens, asked the store manager to put his store stamp on the backside. They were like we can't cut it. So I actually sent the two pictures uncut. They have Canada In the software.

Current status of my application was approved on aug 17th, awaiting delivery of the passport.

Best.

Zessie

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
United States
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-13-2017
AOR Received.
06-13-2017
Med's Done....
07-10-2017
Passport Req..
02-08-2017
I also used Walgreens, asked the store manager to put his store stamp on the backside. They were like we can't cut it. So I actually sent the two pictures uncut. They have Canada In the software.

Current status of my application was approved on aug 17th, awaiting delivery of the passport.

Best.
How did you cut them. I was also given uncutted version.

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
Your whole PR application got rejected twice just for photo or your photo was rejected twice?
photo got rejected twice for me and my son, wifeys got accepted the first time.. PPR photos to be specific.

Reactions: canada_dreamer

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
At Walgreens - where do you specify the country? Do they give you the digital version and can you specify the size it should be cut to?
it is one of the options on the screen. by default, US is selected.

jwar

Mar 19, 2017
@dopehead I went to a Walgreens and they have a software which lets the photographer chose the specification of a photo by country. It even let's the photographer know that she/he needs to sign & stamp the back of the photo.

dopehead

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
@dopehead I went to a Walgreens and they have a software which lets the photographer chose the specification of a photo by country. It even let's the photographer know that she/he needs to sign & stamp the back of the photo.
I guess you lucked out. The person at the Walgreens booth had no idea what I was talking about and insisted that 2x2" was the only option possible. We ended up going to an independent photographer nearby.