+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR photos for Newborn- worried - HELP

Boynextdoor369

Star Member
May 8, 2017
I am ready to submit our passports to the VFS office, however I am extremely worried about the pictures taken of my 2 month old and not sure if the Embassy will accept it or not.

The photographer took the picture with him on my lap and then later he just changed the background to white on his computer because of which the head might seem a bit uneven, only when seen very closely, otherwise the face is very clear and centered.

I was just worried that they mentioned on the specifications that they will reject the PR if the photos are not as per specifications.

Are they very strict with photos of newborns?

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
PR won't be rejected due to minor issues in photos, they would request again if they find any issue!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am ready to submit our passports to the VFS office, however I am extremely worried about the pictures taken of my 2 month old and not sure if the Embassy will accept it or not.

The photographer took the picture with him on my lap and then later he just changed the background to white on his computer because of which the head might seem a bit uneven, only when seen very closely, otherwise the face is very clear and centered.

I was just worried that they mentioned on the specifications that they will reject the PR if the photos are not as per specifications.

Are they very strict with photos of newborns?
The photos may be rejected if there are uneven parts. You should have followed what is stated on the website.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html

For newborn babies, the photo may be taken while the child is sitting in a car seat, as long as a white blanket is placed over the seat behind the child's head. There must be no shadows on the face or shoulders, around the ears or in the background.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks I guess we’ll just have another photo taken and attach both and they can choose the best. Would you advise that?
No. I would advise that you follow the direction on the website and submit only those photos. Don't submit the manipulated ones.

Boynextdoor369

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Okay thanks the problem is where we live we don’t have very experienced professional photographers and language barriers make it worse so even carrying the set of instructions with us actually doesn’t do any good. However, I won’t call them manipulated as it’s a huge challenge getting the right picture for newborns as they can’t even keep their heads still and this guy had to replace the background to white to keep up with the norms set by cic, only thing is that he perhaps did a crappy job, nevertheless, I agree with you and we will visit another photoshop and hopefully get it right the second time.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Okay thanks the problem is where we live we don’t have very experienced professional photographers and language barriers make it worse so even carrying the set of instructions with us actually doesn’t do any good. However, I won’t call them manipulated as it’s a huge challenge getting the right picture for newborns as they can’t even keep their heads still and this guy had to replace the background to white to keep up with the norms set by cic, only thing is that he perhaps did a crappy job, nevertheless, I agree with you and we will visit another photoshop and hopefully get it right the second time.
Yes, it can be a challenge, hence why IRCC directs people to have the photo taken with the child in the carseat. The photo you have is manipulated, as they had to digitally remove you and make the background white.

Reactions: Boynextdoor369

BEA78

Star Member
Aug 9, 2016
Mexico City
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I would also retake the photo. For my kids' passport photos as newborns we either had them take it with the baby sitting in the infant car seat with a white blanket between the seat back and the baby, or lying them down over a white blanket/sheet/other surface and the photographer took the picture from above. They usually need to take several shots to get it right, so ideally find a patient photographer. That said it's easier to take pictures of a newborn than a fidgety toddler, haha.

Boynextdoor369

Star Member
May 8, 2017
I would also retake the photo. For my kids' passport photos as newborns we either had them take it with the baby sitting in the infant car seat with a white blanket between the seat back and the baby, or lying them down over a white blanket/sheet/other surface and the photographer took the picture from above. They usually need to take several shots to get it right, so ideally find a patient photographer. That said it's easier to take pictures of a newborn than a fidgety toddler, haha.
That’s what we are gonna do. We will do it with him sitting in a car seat. Haha that’s comforting

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
In case you see this 4 years later: Did the newborns eyes need to be open?