+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

Elizabeth 01

Aug 11, 2020
Hello everyone!!

Just found this thread and it's always quiet calming to know that other people are going through similar processes as one is. Congrats to all the ones that have gotten their PPR!!!

This is my current timeline for my PR- FSW Express Entry:

Inland Application date and AOR : 28th November 2019
Biometric: had already been submitted for a Work Permit on May 8th 2019
Medical Passed : 7th December 2019
Requested additional documents: 31st March 2020
Reviewing additional documents: 6th April 2020

Haven't had any additional activity in my account since this date.

On June 9th I sent a webform reporting inactivity in my account, and to say that the 6 month wait had passed. I received an answer on June 15th saying that my PR application had been approved, and to wait further instructions.
The instructions never came and in July I called IRCC, and they confirmed this information.
Still with no letter, on Sept 30th I sent another webform, and received a reply on October 9th, saying that my application is still in process.

I requested my GCMS Notes on October 17th 2020, but still haven't heard back. Does anybody know how long it takes to get the GCMS notes?
This is soo very frustrating.
Sorry to hear of your experience despite been an Inland applicant. GCMS takes about 30 calendar days; it could come earlier

Reactions: artismelb

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Hello everyone!!

Just found this thread and it's always quiet calming to know that other people are going through similar processes as one is. Congrats to all the ones that have gotten their PPR!!!

This is my current timeline for my PR- FSW Express Entry:

Inland Application date and AOR : 28th November 2019
Biometric: had already been submitted for a Work Permit on May 8th 2019
Medical Passed : 7th December 2019
Requested additional documents: 31st March 2020
Reviewing additional documents: 6th April 2020

Haven't had any additional activity in my account since this date.

On June 9th I sent a webform reporting inactivity in my account, and to say that the 6 month wait had passed. I received an answer on June 15th saying that my PR application had been approved, and to wait further instructions.
The instructions never came and in July I called IRCC, and they confirmed this information.
Still with no letter, on Sept 30th I sent another webform, and received a reply on October 9th, saying that my application is still in process.

I requested my GCMS Notes on October 17th 2020, but still haven't heard back. Does anybody know how long it takes to get the GCMS notes?
This is soo very frustrating.
Expect it in around 40 days.

Reactions: artismelb

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Finally received a passport request . So happy :). DM was on April end then after no updates....almost 6 months of complete silence. I am outland applicant with 2 outland dependents. Details in my signature below. Thank You everyone.
Wow! Almost 6 months to get your ppr after DM. That's a looong wait. Many congrats. You really deserved it!!

Reactions: gtcan19

Pofsally

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Hi everyone,
I raised a webform for important changes in my life. Normally ircc would respond within 5 working days. Unfortunately now the did not. How many days is normal reply period for a webform at the moment? If I don’t get any reply, I am planning to do it again.

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Hi everyone,
I raised a webform for important changes in my life. Normally ircc would respond within 5 working days. Unfortunately now the did not. How many days is normal reply period for a webform at the moment? If I don’t get any reply, I am planning to do it again.
The last webform took 14 days to come to my mail box. It looks like they are overwhelming with processing study permits and family reunification applications now.

Reactions: Pofsally

bojac

Aug 9, 2019
Our process takes two year which will be tomorrow and yes we had to do an entire medical again because our first one expired in February 2020
I am in the same shoes and its October, still haven't heard from them. Did they reques you to do medicals or you did yourself? Also have you been issued the visa now?

bojac

Aug 9, 2019
It’s PPR guys
Finally the Golden mail

AOR - 16 Aug 2019

remdical - 7th July 202

PPR - 23 Oct 2020
Outland Applicant - Nigeria
I'm also Accra, Please did you wait for them to request a remedical or you went ahead and did it yourself? My medical expired in Feb and my spouse's expired in Sept. Thanks for the guidance and congrats!

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Thank you. I submitted all the paper & received AOR from Nova Scotia. I don’t know if visa office has changed then after. I applied from Japan but am not a Japanese citizen.
Do you mind telling me how many dependents you have? I am also outland applicant and I just got my approval. However, I haven't received the PPR yet. I hope it doesn't mean I have to wait for 6 months to get PPR. :(

RitiNiharika

Jul 25, 2019
Yeah I guess you should. I tell you from my own experience. No updates in my profile since Feb 2020 since I did my remedical. Multiple times I called and sent emails and webforms all the time they would just say it's in queue for final review.
My third GCMS note though (which I received 3 days ago) shows that my application is approved and my CoPR doc has been generated. And even now I see nothing on my online account. And the webforms still say they will contact me when my application is finalized :D
So good thing to order a GCMS note.
I applied for GSM notes last night. Hoping for the best.. they say the notes would reach me in 35 days.. how the months have passed since March.. its so difficult and demoralising.

Reactions: baarsaam

RitiNiharika

Jul 25, 2019
Yeah I guess you should. I tell you from my own experience. No updates in my profile since Feb 2020 since I did my remedical. Multiple times I called and sent emails and webforms all the time they would just say it's in queue for final review.
My third GCMS note though (which I received 3 days ago) shows that my application is approved and my CoPR doc has been generated. And even now I see nothing on my online account. And the webforms still say they will contact me when my application is finalized :D
So good thing to order a GCMS note.
Also, congratulations!!

Reactions: baarsaam