+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPM, please: Seeking some advice

T

tart

I am just one out of the million races who wants to work in Canada. I am currently working here in Singapore as a Customer Service Coordinator. I am trying to apply some jobs on-line in Canada, but sad to say that they always asks me if have a Canadian Work Permit.

My questions are:

1. How can i secure a Canadian Work Permit?
2. What are the requirements?
3. How long it will takes?
4. If ever you can secure a Work Permit, does it mean that you can work in Canada and stay there for good?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Regards,
Tart

T

tart

Thanks Brian...sorry it took me so long to reply. I was very busy for the past weeks...again, thanks a lot.

M.A.ZAKIR

Aug 9, 2008
THERE IS A POLICY AND REGULATIONS FOR APPLYING FOR WORK PERMIT FOR CANADA. IT'S NOT MAGIC THAT YOU APPLY AND THE CANADIAN EMBASSY APPROVES IT. YOU HAVE TO FILL THE FORMALITIES FIRST AND YOU CAN SUBMIT IT ONLINE. SOMETIMES IT TAKES 3 YEARS AND SOMETIMES LESSER TIME TO GET APPROVAL FOR WORK PERMIT. FIRST STEP OF APPLYING IT AND THEN WAIT FOR THEIR RESPONSE.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
In your case,I suggest going to a Manpower Agency,But Singaporeans can freely come and go to Canada,Why dont you just fly here,Get a job offer and Get your permit.The Head of the Singaporean Canada Trade Council is a friend,So He would be more then happy to helpa countryman

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BCguy said:
In your case,I suggest going to a Manpower Agency,But Singaporeans can freely come and go to Canada,Why dont you just fly here,Get a job offer and Get your permit.The Head of the Singaporean Canada Trade Council is a friend,So He would be more then happy to helpa countryman
A little more complicated than that, the OP would need a job offer, LMO (unless LMO exempt) and would have to apply outside Canada for the work permit and s/he would require a medical.

PMM

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
PMM said:
Hi

BCguy said:
A little more complicated than that, the OP would need a job offer, LMO (unless LMO exempt) and would have to apply outside Canada for the work permit and s/he would require a medical.

PMM
Generally the employment agencies are engaged by Firms already holding LMO s and are mandated to help process their papers.Regarding Singaporeans,There have been many Singaporeans who just come in,Get a Job offer,Then get a work permit.

T

tart

A bunch of thanks to all of you guys, now at least I've got some ideas from you. By the way, i am not a Citizen of Singapore. I am a Filipino who is currently holding S-pass permit and currently working as a Customer Service Coordinator in a Metal and Engineering Company. Once again, thanks and more power to all of you!

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
tart said:
A bunch of thanks to all of you guys, now at least I've got some ideas from you. By the way, i am not a Citizen of Singapore. I am a Filipino who is currently holding S-pass permit and currently working as a Customer Service Coordinator in a Metal and Engineering Company. Once again, thanks and more power to all of you!
OK,you are a Pinoy,Sorry. Be advised that it is Illegal under BC and Alberta law to charge for placement for workers,The employer pays.In case you are required to pay,just bring your receipt and report it to labour standards and the goverment will help get your money back with interest.Salary deduction is also illegal and if an employer fires you,He cannot force you to leave Canada as long as your visa is still valid.Remember Canadian Law favors the worker not the Owner.Good Luck