+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Potential Immigrants: you are not alone...

ufa

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wanted to let all the would be immigrants know they are not alone in the scrutiny from the Canadian government. I'm trying to get my security clearance for a new job, and the potential new employer is telling me that CSIS needs a police records check from a country that I visited for just under three months! I'm pretty sure they are wrong, but how do you argue with the soon to be employer???

The frustration of CIC/CSIS legalize BS is spilling over into all aspects of my life....

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
ufa said:
Just wanted to let all the would be immigrants know they are not alone in the scrutiny from the Canadian government. I'm trying to get my security clearance for a new job, and the potential new employer is telling me that CSIS needs a police records check from a country that I visited for just under three months! I'm pretty sure they are wrong, but how do you argue with the soon to be employer???

The frustration of CIC/CSIS legalize BS is spilling over into all aspects of my life....
UFA, don't get too stressed out, there are lots of jobs here that require it believe it or not. All depends on the employer. Hopefully you can get it soon ;D

ufa

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your support!

I've gone through a few security clearances before for other jobs, but was never asked to claim i was a resident when i wasn't... argh